Fly Tying
Gene L

Fighting Parkinsons

It appears that you have had more than your fair share of challenges. The fact that you are still at it is an inspiration. We have to play the hand we're dealt. It amazes me that people can have a few little problems and give up, while others, like you, soldier on. Good fly, by the way.

Beautiful fly Gene, it's nice to see you're not letting this fight stop you. My prayers are with you-

Hi Gene -

I'm new to this forum, and yours is the first post I'm responding to. I have a condition called drug-induced Parkinsonism caused by a medication I take for another condition. It results in uncontrollable trremors that make tying both difficult and inelegant - probably a situation you are familiar with. I have found that mounting my vise low with a pad for my forearms I can regain some control. I also know that certain times of day my symptoms are less severe.One advantage I've found - which is small comfort indeed - is that it is easier to weave thread through standing hackle without binding down the fibers - not insignificant for a relative beginner. I admire your tenacity, and wish you all the best.

Very stimulating... get it?

Keep positive, fish a lot and tie no matter what it looks like ( it's all for fun anyway), the fish don't care. Do whatever puts a smile on your face. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.