Fly Tying
breambuster

Your Favorite Bluegill (Bream) Fiy.

Ekucolonel17, you are in with a Gill Getter Nymph, and we are GLAD to have you! Thanks for joining.

OK, guys, there is only ***ONE*** spot left! Who wants it?

BB

To everyone reading, BreamBuster asked me if I wanted to join. Instead of explaining in PM, I'd figured I do it here.

BB ... I'd consider this one, actually I WANT to do this one.

However, your timing is off. I don't have the materials with me to tie my favorite "go-to" fly here in my hotel. I'll only be home for one week this month and one week in March. I would be doing Wife a serious wrong if I spent any of that time tying flies.

I hope you understand. I would've tied up some "Panfish Attractors".

Aug 2017 Panfish Attractors (1).JPG
Hook: size 8 or 6 straight shank/hook eye
Thread: pink is my most productive color
Eyes: bead chain ... go larger, rather than smaller ... I think that shiny part is one of the triggers
Tail: FTD Northern Lights (blue/silver) or similar.
Body: dubbed with fine tan/beige dubbing wrapped tightly.
Wing: (most important part, I believe) Raccoon tail ... the light/dark band part.

I want in on this! Fly TBD but most likely topwater.

Mike those like amazing, I think I may try to tie a few up for myself.

Rht95, you’re in. You just took the last spot. I notice that this is only your 7th post. Have you swapped here before? If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Be sure you read through all the rules in the first post and make sure you follow them carefully. We really want this to be a very enjoyable and successful swap for you. I am delighted that you chose to join us. I have swapped with all the rest of these guys and there are some great tyers here.

BB

Hey guys, this swap is full. Let me know when you decide on your pattern. Go ahead and get busy tying. Let’s see if we can do something that is done very rarely. Let’s close this swap by me sending everyone back their flies before the due date. My 4th grade school teacher, Mrs Lambert, 60 years ago, used to love telling us, “Procrastination is the ruination of the present generation.” Take it to heart.

BB

Ive done one before and it turned out to be a great swap. Looking forward to this one, I like fishing the different flies that I wouldnt have thought to try. Ive been more of a lurk and learn person but plan on trying to contribute more now.

Ok, very good, rht95. Well, just remember that the only bad question is the one you failed to ask and it came back to burn you.

BB

Guys, my pattern for this swap is going to be the Swamp Monster, or, at least, my interpretation of it. It’s a damsel fly imitation that a I have had good success with in the past. Hope you guys will enjoy fishing it.

Take care

BB