Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishnPhil

Bug ID

Poopdeck, that was a good read. Made me lol but at least I know what I'm up against. Looks like I will need to figure out where they are living (it appears everywhere and not in one particular tree). Some, though not many thankfully have made their way inside also.

dadofmolly, thanks for the advice, that's something I can use on the big clumps I find outside.

Winter is not killing them, only put them to sleep hahah. They are annoying as hell, that's for sure.

Tried it. Dish soap has no residual killing power. You need lots of residual killing power because there are far to many of them to hunt down and shoot with dish soap.

Get a Dr. Killigan's Insect Buster Duster ("poofer") with diatomaceous earth. You can get a 10 lb bag for $15; and that's huge and many years supply. Won't hurt people or pets. But for insects it's like putting broken glass and Shuriken throwing stars in their lungs and joints.

I use it to "Poof" our chickens for insect pests.

A few shots in the neck storage box keeps the feather eating kritters out as well. As does the sprigs from a Rosemary plant - without the smell of mothballs. I kind of like that, but THE ADMIRAL does not. ;-)

Poopdeck, makes sense. Not saying I will never spray just that I'll try every other method first :)

Charlie, I am familiar with DE and it's effect on bugs with exoskeletons but hadn't thought to use it on these. Thanks for the advice!

Dominecker, I am still trying to figure out where they live. There is no mulch around my place. The owner before me used landscaping rocks. I was not able to take a good look at all of the trees to be sure I do not have a box elder, as soon as the leaves come out I will be looking.