Fly Tying

Up top you dflanagan I'd have no problem tying an extra fly so Mikewest could join in, he always does exceptional work.

then please stay at six :)

Yep, thats the plan. Just dont have the time to spend at the vise with work, kids, and fishing season starting up.

Those are really nice, Norm.

So, Nick and Mike, who do we have in. Youre both great tyers so Id love to have you both in but we need to stay at six. Let me know, fellas.

Mine are done. Want to get a couple of pictures of what I wanted to tie but failed on the water and the substitute. Will go out tomorrow.

This time before I try to add I'll add a picture I'll copy everything so I don't lose it again on a 508 crapout.

So, this is the case of the fail and substitute for this swap. I tried tying a wiggle lip to a salmon hook, which I thought would keep it straight, which it did. I then tied a streamer in the favorite Kevin Vandam colors of Sexy Shad. I took it to the lake and it was a fail. No wiggle.mad.gif sad.png If you stripped fairly hard it would dive a little and pull to one side or other but wiggle on retrieve like I'd hoped for. I'll still give it a try on our one shad pond in the area but disappointed and went on to a second choice. This is the fail.

DSCF5372.JPG DSCF5371.JPG

And this is my version of the Mrs. Simpson Sculpin. It's with the smaller sculpin head so it can be safely handled by a 6wt. on the water. The next size up and large size are really chuck and duck or belong on a spinning outfit. My dwindling Golden Pheasant skin lost a whole lot of Church Window feathers with these flies and other Mrs. Simpsons I've tied. I really like this fly and on a sand bottom I've watched a lot of largemouth suck it up off the bottom bounce. It should be a killer for smallmouth in streams also serving as a sculpin or mud minnow or possibly craw all at once.

DSCF5374.JPG DSCF5375.JPG