Fly Tying
flytire

Navy pilots seeing UFO's

Absolutely, FishnPhil! I absolutely agree with that soliloquy. Best monologue from that movie. (I liked the whole movie though)

This planet did just fine before we came along. And it'll be just fine after "the virus" eradicates itself.

But I believe ET would think like "V-ger" from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture".

Ok, enough concerning the blight of humanity, let's get this back on topic....ETs existing or not...fellow fly tiers want to know!!

Here are some excellent thoughts around that, including an "ant-like" theory.

IkN3tt3.jpg

"And what if all of animated nature

Be but organic Harps diversely framed,

That tremble into thought, as oer them sweeps

Plastic and vast, one intellectual breeze,

At once the Soul of each, and God of all?"

Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Eolian Harp

"The Great Filter" ... extinction level events.

The most likely filter of all, is the one we are nearing ourselves. Self destruction through war, pollution, resource depletion, etc.

Once a sentient race gets to the point equivalent to our "Industrial Revolution", it's a straight road to any (or all) of the above problems. Only those species that make it past those problems will develop to the point of space travel.

Again, I'd love to think we'll make it. I doubt it, but I do hope.

I'd also like to think that a few ET species have surpassed the ELE. The shear lack of empirical evidence points to a big "no" on that.

I do not believe it's within our own comprehension to understand what humankind is capable of. What is easy to believe is, we are ingrained with thoughts that there should be and are limitations. We are repeatedly setup to have this reinforced. Then when we meet those lowered expectations and present that as evidence of the limitation itself. It's silly if you ask me, there are no limitations, believe it or not. Why is this true? History tells us so! We are constantly exceeding our expectations and breaking the "limits" we think exist. Years ago, no one will ever reach the moon, the earth was flat, witches should burn, etc. were viewed as "facts".

Supposing reality is likely some mixture of these theories, we cannot argue there have been major catastrophic events in the history of earth that have made it the way it is. Whether a higher being created earth, or if it created itself (big bang), the likelihood that we are the only ones to be created, well how can we be so arrogant to think only we could evolve? That thought makes me laugh and reminds me that our self centered thought processes are probably why the ETs left us behind. biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Wonder why UFOs all look like these saucers. Seems more believable that a single species developed a flying saucer, but if we are to think we are being visited by many ETs, then it would make sense they come in many types, shapes, sizes, etc. of vehicles, wouldn't it? Unless there is some intergalactic travel specifications approved by an ET board of directors of space travel. Hmmmmmm.

Wonder why UFOs all look like these saucers. Seems more believable that a single species developed a flying saucer, but if we are to think we are being visited by many ETs, then it would make sense they come in many types, shapes, sizes, etc. of vehicles, wouldn't it? Unless there is some intergalactic travel specifications approved by an ET board of directors of space travel. Hmmmmmm

They do

What if the stars are holes in the container lid meant to allow air in for us?

wacko.png So ... a ball shaped "lid"?

If Aliens aren't real....Explain Boy George.

In all honesty, I believe, somewhere out there, there are other forms of intelligent life. If they've been here or will be here, we wont know until it happens or some other conclusive evidence comes to light. I think its kind of shortsighted for us to believe that we are the only "intelligent" life forms out there among the billions, if not trillions of stars and planets. You never know, The earth may be just a molecule that makes up a collective consciousness of some super being and we are all just part of a single thought.

Yeah ... life DOES exist elsewhere. Even the WORST odds still put the number of habitable planets in unimaginably high ranges. Intelligent life is much more rare, but it's out there ... no doubt about it.

We've never been visited, I'm 99.9∞% sure. I can't say "100%" because anything's possible, but it's close.

Why am I so sure? Because we can get REAL pictures like this.

birds_in_flight_main.jpg

But this is the best we can get of a UFO?

cnn-screenshot-ufo.png

That seagull does have the emf shied up the the aliens use. No wonder you got a good picture. A lot of cigar shapes in the visitors hereabouts.