Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BobHRAH

Wholesale Fly Company

I've placed a few orders with them and have been pleased overall.  The owner was very pleasant to deal, my orders have been sent correctly and expediently. I've had one or two hooks that had open eyes on them but that's it, honestly I've had the same from every hook mfg. I've ever used.  I'm good with that.  The beads have been just fine as well, both brass and tungsten .  The one item that I was not as expected was some brass cones, the surface of the cones was mat not polished.  I expect that the "next shipment" will address the issue, I'll try them again when I need some. 

Frankly all of the "discount, cheap, bargain" hooks are as good or better than the name brand hooks we used for decades.  It's a good time to be a fly tyer in that regard.    Having said that, if I was a commercial tyer I'd probably stick to "premium" hooks.  I say that not because I think I'd tie better flys or catch more fish but because I imagine commercial tyers are like most businesses and paying a premium for a consistent reliable product is money well spent.  Me, I can afford a bump in the road every once in a while and would rather put the extra money in my gas tank to get me to a off the beaten path spot to wet a line.  Obviously YMMV and your needs may be different than mine.

Swamp

@Swamp Fly

I'd say that sums it up nicely. I've used them a few times, and will use them again.

I once emailed him a question about his bead/hook sizing on a late Sunday afternoon and received a reply within the 1/2 hour. That impressed me.  Sometimes it's the little things.