Sofa-Pillow-800.jpg

Hook - Mustad 9672, or equivalent, size 4-10

Thread - Black

Tail - Dyed red goose quill section

Body - Red floss

Wing - Red or gray squirrel tail

Hackle - brown saddle hackle

i have nothing to offer

how about some newbies start participating in the forum and post up some flies youve tied

there cant be just a hand full of tyers on here that do all of the tying and posting

It can be a little intimidating for a newer tier to post in this thread. I always figured this was the place for people to post that didn't need to work on their' tying. That's why I started the thread "what are you working on?" Now that that thread is moved to "The Lodge" I guess I will post my flies here.

Shouldn't be intimidating ... unless you can't take criticism.

This isn't, however, a "participation award" type of place. Flies posted WILL be critiqued. But, for the most part, it IS all intended as constructive.

Please, new tie-ers ... post 'em up. If you don't want any critiques, just say so and we'll keep it to a minimum.

say, there are only a handful of people that post at all and I for one am photography challenged, I bought a camera but have yet to learn what all it does. I can tell you that my last couple sessions produced floss bodied wooly worms in size 16 & 18 using brown and dun hackles, but that doesn't look near like a good photo.

I sure appreciate the excellent photos that you guys do post, some very talented tyers who also are talented with the camera.

There is the fact that a good photo betrays faults in our flies that our eyes don't see. But we don't care, unless you DO want critiques. As long as we can see what kind of fly you're tying, post it ... pictures = 1000 words, so they say.

The truly good fly tiers on this site are more than willing to offer constructive ideas, etc. But if the picture is blurry, then no details can be seen. Can't help someone be better if you can't see well enough to know what's being done wrong.

Been tying small for a couple of swaps. That's a 22 pheasant tied original style with wire thorax. A 28 and 32 dry. Wire through guide is so person can handle them easily and proves a decent tippet will fit in there. If you drop it trying to get a 6x through with magnifier glasses you WILL NOT find it again.

DSCF5391 (2).JPG

Welcome to the active side of the site, Niveker. Nice flies. I really like the copper one. What kind of feather are you using on the wings?

Geezo peezo, Vicrider !!! That's just too small for me to work with. Even zoomed in, I can hardly see them!

Thanks Mike.

That copper is actually orange silk, with an ostrich collar and a few turkey breast fibers for hackle.