Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dadofmolly

Finally going home

Fell and fractured left hip Oct 1 and today was told I could finally go home. Long time in the hospital and will not be able to wade a stream for some time. My fly fishing days are over until next spring at best. Wasn't even fishing at the time. Was in the theater, but I was a real show stopper.👨👨. Getting old ain't for sissies.

At least we're heading into winter so you can come out strong in the spring. I find myself doing less wading and more sitting in a boat. I'm perfectly okay with that. Get well soon.

I do a good deal of trout fishing sitting on a stool and roll casting, try a five gallon bucket if ya don't got a stool.

That has to feel pretty good to know you can finally go home though. Hospital stays really take it out of ya. Get home and rest up over the winter and be ready for some spring fishing! :)

Welcome home !!!

I hope the rest of your recovery goes well and next Spring finds you whipping up a foam on some local waterways.

Most of my fishing is from a boat ... not because I can't wade, but because there just aren't many wading opportunities in my area. So, a boat gets me to more fishing, period. If'n you can't get back into wading ... fishing from a boat is a great way to go after 'em.

Dadofmolly:

Great to hear you are back home!

I kind of know how you feel - I had total knee replacement last year and rotator cuff surgery on my casting arm this year. No fishing until spring for me,also.

Kind of nervous about wading, will just have to wait and see how it goes.

Can't wait until I can wet a line.

Take care!!

George