Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Caddis for Christmas VII

Fishin'Bob, I believe I have run across the nicest looking Caddis Pupa I have ever seen tied. It is by Davie McPhail so of course it looks like anybody could tie it but it is a complicated and long tie. I had my flies ready to go out in mail today but I am going to give this fly a try and see if it is in the realm of my abilities. If it is I'll hold off and see if I can tie enough for swap. If not you get the Holy Grail and I will at least try to get a couple of these for my own box. Here is a video of the fly with Davie tying and you'll see why it may not be withing my reach. I have some small sheets of Organza but don't know if they'll work. If not I'll have to have wife pick some ribbon up at Hobby Lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLEsvdO8u4

Ha, my wife sent my package before I realized it. I was going to try a different pattern but if I can master it I'll send it separate. Otherwise I think the Holy Grail Caddis looks pretty good.

Two more sets today, like Christmas already! DarrellP and Professori tied some great looking flies. So far we have a fantastic set of Caddis, can't wait to see what else is coming.

Mail your flies to:

Bob Nelson

4233 Hedge Ave.

Sacramento, CA 95826-6517

Flies are in the mail.

Tracking number is: 9500 1155 9401 9325 2196 87

ETA is Monday 11/25

A guacamole stained envelope arrived somehow from the Rock Hill international shipping center. Looks like it had fun south of the border before heading el norte on a coyote. I think the Carolina Reaper scented flies may be illegal is several states. Of course, only Troutguy would know for sure. Can't wait to share these great Caddis nymphs!

LOL

That was quick. Actually I mailed them from from Concord, NC the home of NSCAR. The stains were real, I managed to score a Popeyes chicken sandwich. No fights in line and they weren't sold out. The hype is well worth it.

Hope you like the odd extras.