Fly Tying
flytire

November Flies From The Vise

Dang, everyone is just on fire this month! It's like watching a masters class.

Kimo that damsel is wicked. It's a very nice blend of realism and practicality. What are you using to tie down the gills? I can't tell if it's a cream thread or mono. Whatever it is it blends in to the point that it took more than just a glance to see it at all.

Swamp

Mahalo,

It's just 17/0 Uni thread. It fits nicely between the wraps of D-Rib.

Kimo

Many people say, judging on the way a talk, look, and act, I should be in Florida.

Sounds like a plan, but I warn you the fishing always seems better someplace other than where you happen to live.

Except it is true here ... fishing in Florida IS better, even if you don't catch anything. Why? Because I'll be on the water this weekend with 70 to 80 degree temps keeping me company.

Mike, I know you solely do freshwater fishing, but I want tuna and grouper. But the freshwater is looking pretty good, too. We don't have Bass (exept a guy caught an illegally stacked on down in Kodiak), panfish, walleye, sauger, muskey, catfish, none of that. I don't mean to be annoying, but I don't like staying in on place. On my bucket list that's as long as I am tall (5'8) I have plenty more places then just Florida, and some locations are pretty exotic. I love to explore new places, you know.

Thanks Kimo! Between what you, Scott, and Nick, have been tying I've seriously got the twitches.

Mike, Shush! Got enough people down here! LOL If we had a cold water fishery withing a couple hours drive you wouldn't able to pry me out of here for just about anything. I had actually planned no fishing today but the parental unit is making a really nice dinner so the dog and I will just have to go visit instead. Oh the horror... I'll just go early next week to put my new 3wt through it's paces. We are supposed to have more of the same most of next week, padon me gonna be cooler for a day at 74*.

You guys are safe as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trade what I've got for nothin'. I could be in the wilderness in fifteen minutes, where wolves could eat you dog if you left him outside too long. I like it that way. The key, don't leave your dog outside too long. biggrin.png

I year ya Mark, you leave your margarita on it's own while on the beach it'll be gone in a flash! We do actually have a problem with gators and pythons eating the family pooch down here and you can be in the middle of town.

They could double up as tiny Caddis or midges
#16 mustad C49S
Thread body any colour
Wing is Congo fibres
Hackle is grizzly
Hope you like 77289209_10221946081948045_6992424998061

You guys are killing it as usual. Here's a fuzzy baetis. Been tying 'em on 24's but figured I'd post an 18 so it's visible. U203, olive UTC 70 denier, XS copper ultra wire, killer caddis glass pearl bead, brown flouro fiber wing case, natural mallard CDC collar tied in a split thread loop.

post-61480-0-16550200-1574528546_thumb.jpg

I year ya Mark, you leave your margarita on it's own while on the beach it'll be gone in a flash! We do actually have a problem with gators and pythons eating the family pooch down here and you can be in the middle of town.

See there, you do have some redeeming qualities in Florida. I would love to be able to hunt some of those invasive species you have down there.

Dang, I have some amazing looking nymphs, but if I try to post pics, the site will just freeze.

The problem in Florida (much like most other places,) is that we have moved into the homes of species who were here first. AND we have introduced invasive species as well. If you insist on living in the home of a critter like a Grizzly Bear, Wolf, Alligator, Crock, Mountain Lion, you have to be ready to offer them refreshments when they visit. Can't blame a Gator for eating your dog, or cat if the Pythons have eaten 99% of the other food in their habitat.

Pennel Duckfly Muddler

48915645856_f997f2b788_c.jpg

48915645816_ba132945e7_c.jpg

48915119273_174dc97b51_c.jpg

Used Davie McPhail's

as the foundation for this.

hook – WFC Model 6 #8

thread - Danville 6/0 black

tag/rib - small tinsel silver

body - peacock herl

wing - golden pheasant tippet dyed red

hackle - hen black