Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

Ordered two rods

They're from Steve. We'll, likely, just have to wait until Steve posts pictures of them.

You'll be highly pleased, Mark, I am sure. I'm up to 3 from Steve and elated with every one.

OK, they are matched 9' rods, a 6 wt. and an 8 wt., four piece rods (for going in bush planes) for big trout, salmon and big pike. I sent him the link to this blog

http://akflytyer.blogspot.com/2013/

to show him the kind of fishing I would be doing with them and he pretty well knew what I wanted. He made some recommendations and we are going with them. It's really easy to get a custom rod, not at all like a custom knife.smile.png

Mike the only stipulation Mark had was, and I quote..."Nothing blue, blue is a terrible color choice for rods" .... happy.png

I was just starting to like him, too. dry.png

Now I'll have to put him on the "He's not right ... in the head" list !!!

I'll be getting a 6wt from Steve soon, my last one had blue in it, maybe I'll jump on board with this no blue theme.

Mark I had Steve put an Alps triangle reel seat on my 8wt I highly recommend them.

Mike the only stipulation Mark had was, and I quote..."Nothing blue, blue is a terrible color choice for rods" .... happy.png

Steve, that is too funny.

I am leaning toward brown, orange and gold.

Good luck.

I must've changed my mind a dozen times.

At the end, I pretty much said "Do whatever you think will look best", and put it in Steve's hands.

We're picking colors right now. I told Steve I like brown, orange and gold, he's going to surprise me with the results.