Fly Tying
breambuster

The Well-Stocked Flybox

No Bob, I haven’t gotten them and I’m getting a bit concerned. They haven’t shown up on Informed Delivery either. We get our mail mid afternoon and I’m hoping they come today. It’s been a week since you mailed them

BB

BB, I'm wondering if I'm in the same boat as Fishy Bob ;-) I sent priority with expected arrival 2/8, and still not there? Thanks!

No, jburge, take a deep breath, a sigh of relief. Yours and Stabgnid’s both arrived today. Two excellent sets that will definitely grace the well-stocked fly box.

Bob, yours are still AWOL, but I’m working on an idea. More shortly.

BB

Hey Guys, I know the deadline has come and gone, but I am waiting on fishingbobnelson’s flies. He mailed them on Monday of last week and I haven’t seen them. I am trying to work something out, so I’m asking you to be patient with me for another day or 2. I promise that I will keep you informed of developments as I am able to do so.

Fishingbobnelson, check your PM box if you haven’t already done so.

BB

Ok, Guys. It has taken some work behind the scenes, but I think I’ve gotten things worked out. Bob’s flies are out there somewhere, but I’m going to go ahead ASAP and mail the rest of the sets out. Bob has agreed to participate in Round 2 and he is going to tie up another set of Casual Dress flies for all of you. If you are in Round 2, you will get both of his flies at the end of that swap. If you aren’t in Round 2, he will mail your fly to you individually. If you aren’t in Round 2, you will need to PM Fishingbobnelson your address. If you have any questions because you aren’t clear on this, I’ll be glad to try to answer. I will let you know when the flies go out.

Thanks

BB

I have been doing this for over 10 years and this is only the second set that has got lost. A friend of mine at the post office said that the size envelope could drop between mail cases and get buried forever. Still hoping they will show up and you all will get two.

Ok Guys, first, Thank you Bob. Sorry yours went missing, but I do, so much, appreciate your willingness to go the extra mile. I am anxious to have a Casual Dress fly in my box, tied by a professional.

Second, Guys, this has been one of those “Best laid plans of mice and men” that so often go awry. I have the flies divided up and there is a set saved back for Fishingbobnelson. But I didn’t get to the Post Office. I will do my best to take care of that tomorrow. I will let you know. If you are in Round 2, don’t forget the SASE.

Thanks

BB

Well Guys, I was awakened this morning by NOAA telling us that we were under a severe thunderstorm warning with high winds and tornadoes possible. But I had places to go, things to do, people to see; and my first stop was the USPS. The flies are in the mail and they turned out to be a great set. Hope you enjoy them and catch you a trophy fish with them. Enjoy.

BB

A box of very nice nymphs arrived in the mail on a snowy NH day. Thanks everyone.

Got mine. Cracked open a new small fly box that will dedicated to the flies in this swap and the next run of swaps. Well, I'll also fill in with some of my own but all swap flies will go in this box unless too large. Great job guys.

Great, Vicrider. That’s the idea. I went to Sportsman’s Warehouse and bought a nice fly box to do the same thing. I’m going to load up a fly box and drive up Long Creek toward Dillard, Ga. There is a State Park right at the SC, Ga line on the Chattooga River, (think the movie “Deliverance,”) a wild and Scenic river, and see what I can do. I figure that with some nice nymphs, Emergers, Catskills dries and some parachutes, I should be good to go.