Fly Tying
fshng2

Poppers, Sliders & Divers Show Us Your Patterns

Denduke..I thought they looked like a LazyIke  too, but they are a wiggle bug pattern.

I have fished the top one, it dives and wiggles good. The action is triggering strikes on bass that are usually harder to entice.

I do short strips about 12/18" then pause & repeat.

Nice Cicada, are they emerging in your area this year?

I made some divers last year that the lil bass ate up.   I figured Cdad response so lotta orange some blue.  You keep stripping and they stayed down.   Strip pause and float up worked too

FF09FA58-D996-45D3-8536-BD098E8CB767.jpeg

Those look good, I can see a Cdad there.

Oh yea I tried the other two wiggle bugs tonight.

The larger one (size 1) was two heavy for my liking even though it caught a bass.

When I make more it will be with one less layer of foam.

twxlrmF.jpg

WaeRkWC.jpg

Tried to do a Pole Dancer.

It does have some action but not as good as Bisharat's.

Good news it does catch em.

QIb9j0T.jpg

Depending on how fast I can get out of work tomorrow I'm either taking the boat out on the river for some early evening stripers or I'm taking the 4wt out for some panfish popping on the local creek. I needed a panfish popper and whipped up a diminutive size 10 el dente cork popper  If it's panfish popping this will be the only piece of tackle I take out. Well this and a royal wulffe that I used the other day and is currently hanging on my lanyard cork. 

panpopper.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 11:34 PM, Poopdeck said:

I needed a panfish popper and whipped up a diminutive size 10 el dente cork popper  If it's panfish popping this will be the only piece of tackle I take out. Well this and a royal wulffe that I used the other day and is currently hanging on my lanyard cork. 

Nice little popper.  A bit small for my taste.  I tie my pan fish poppers on size 6 or 8.

fshng2

Nice.  Add some legs and you've got yourself a Sneaky Pete which is one of my  favorite bass bugs.  I fish it top water or on a sinking or intermediate line 

Well it lasted me all of about 20 minutes before something wrapped me around a rock and broke me off. Definately wasn't a sunnie but it caught sunnies while I had it. Good thing I had the royal wulfe with me. My local creek is just loaded with tiny sunnies so I downsize just for them. I typically tie them on size 8 and 10 hooks. I'll tie a few more up but I might take the 8 wt out next and give carp a try. It was the first time out that I saw them swimming about. 

Thanks Philly. Great suggestion I will have to make sneaky Pete’s too.

Nice one PD, whatever broke you off sounded big.

Will you be adding squirmy worms to any more poppers, like you did to this one?

A plague  of frogs to lead off.  I still have 5 more of the larger ones to do.  I'm waiting for a fresh batch of Solarez Flex UV resin so I can wrap the project up.  A couple of pictures of them sitting in the water, and beefed up version my favorite pan fish bug.

P6280622 (2).JPG

P6280632.JPG

P6280634.JPG

While they sure look like squirmies they are not. They are silli legs.

philly, I like the shape of those.

I found a great fly holder and tied up some more sunnie poppers. Also added an el dente cork to the bass box.

apopper.jpg

Nice flies everyone.  

10 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

added an el dente cork to the bass box.

Poopdeck,  is 'el dente' cork, just soft cork?

Actually it's a misspelled word play on "al dente" as in quick or slightly undercooked pasta. The correlation being the poppers are not painted so they are quick to make but not entirely done.