Fly Tying

Coronavirus?

My Walgreens ran out of midnight Milky ways and Peeps closed down its factory. I'm now hoarding every pack of peeps I can find. 

You like peeps too? You're the only other person I know of that likes peeps. I especially like the chocolate covered ones. Enjoy them my friend, I'm not supposed to eat them anymore. Do you know if they shut down for good or just because of this stupid virus? I can Google it.

My Mother-n-Law likes them ... but she lets them sit out for a week or two.  She likes them "stale" rather than fresh and too squishy.

I've got a super sweet tooth, but never quite liked the Peeps.

Now I'm starting to get a hankering for some. I must resist though. The last time I had real sugar was Valentines day and the next time I'm "allowed" any is my Birthday, May 2nd. On May 2nd I get one Ferrero Rocher from the freezer. They're my favorite.

Above post has been edited. Do not add an opinion about media sources to your post that is directly political related and that is not allowed.

Far as the being airborne. I doubt that very much. For the couple months now that it has actually been here studies show it was not airborne, and if it in fact were, then I'd say the entire 325 million population of the US would have it by now, and yet 90% of those being tested do not have it. Obviously I am no doctor, but this one quick reference to it being airborne would not be enough to suggest it is IMO.

Since COVID-19 is related to the common cold, it's probably not airborne.  BUT ... what does "airborne" mean?

As I understand it, from the research I've been doing from the git-go:  It can be transferred through airborne particles from sneezing and coughing.  That's one of the reasons cold weather helps spread the disease.  Cold air is usually dry air.  Cold, dry air evaporates sneeze/cough droplets quicker, allowing them to stay in the air longer.  Humid, hot weather doesn't allow the droplets to evaporate, so gravity causes them to drop out of the air faster.  Either way, the COVID-19 virus is too large to stay airborne long enough to be considered "airborne".

Hot weather doesn't kill the virus, it merely slows the spread.

42 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Since COVID-19 is related to the common cold, it's probably not airborne.  BUT ... what does "airborne" mean?

Suspension, as in aerosol.  The research on coronavirus has shown it's possible for various kinds, doesn't appear to be known for certain whether it can suspend long enough to be an infectious issue.  Hospital equipment is suspected as a possibility, my concern was in manufacturing where a lot of high pressure air tools are used.  The dissipator on the end of an industrial air tool can do amazing things with "cloud formation".  Just over-oil a line and you get instant suspension.

Here's a few links, unproven, but interesting.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11845-020-02218-2

Any contagion, viral or bacterial, can be aerosolized, given pressure and movement.  That doesn't mean the contagion is actually airborne.  Airborne means it is small enough and light enough to stay suspended for long amounts of time.  Most known coronaviruses are too large to stay airborne.  COVID-19 seems to fit that definition.

9 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

You like peeps too? You're the only other person I know of that likes peeps. I especially like the chocolate covered ones. Enjoy them my friend, I'm not supposed to eat them anymore. Do you know if they shut down for good or just because of this stupid virus? I can Google it.

I've lived within an hour of the peeps factory my entire life. I've been eating peeps when they were still a very regional company. They also make two of my other favorites in Mike and Ike's and Peanut Chews. They just shut down for the virus since they have fulfilled their Easter orders. 

8 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Love me some yellow peeps! 🥰

As an unapologetic tradionalist, i to prefer my peeps al dente in the tradional yellow chick form.

5 hours ago, mikechell said:

My Mother-n-Law likes them ... but she lets them sit out for a week or two.  She likes them "stale" rather than fresh and too squishy.

I've got a super sweet tooth, but never quite liked the Peeps.

Your mother in law is a Peeps aficionado. First thing I do when I get them home is stab a hole in the cellophane to let them breath for a day. Actually, it's the second thing I do. First I wolf down a pack of freshies because I have no will power to let Peeps sit and age until I've had my fill of them, then I age what's left. 

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

I do too.  I'll usually just put a slit or two in the packaging and let them sit for a week or so.

11 hours ago, mikechell said:

Any contagion, viral or bacterial, can be aerosolized, given pressure and movement.  That doesn't mean the contagion is actually airborne.  Airborne means it is small enough and light enough to stay suspended for long amounts of time. 

See, that's what I always thought of with airborne disease.  However, the medical/epidemiolgy folk appear to have a different and often vague definition of just what airborne means.  Some viruses can carry on particulate and dust, some research says a sneeze and a cough are worlds apart on aerosolization and short range v/s long range suspension.  All about droplet size, it appears.

I'm guessing "airborne" is going to get a serious increase in media attention for a bit.  Probably a bad thing in light of the facemask shortage for the healthcare workers, being in a roomful of coughing/sneezing covid19 patients is a world apart from shopping at Walmart at safe social distances.