Fly Tying

Coronavirus?

15 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

I've lived within an hour of the peeps factory my entire life. I've been eating peeps when they were still a very regional company. They also make two of my other favorites in Mike and Ike's and Peanut Chews. They just shut down for the virus since they have fulfilled their Easter orders. 

As an unapologetic tradionalist, i to prefer my peeps al dente in the tradional yellow chick form.

Your mother in law is a Peeps aficionado. First thing I do when I get them home is stab a hole in the cellophane to let them breath for a day. Actually, it's the second thing I do. First I wolf down a pack of freshies because I have no will power to let Peeps sit and age until I've had my fill of them, then I age what's left. 

I bet the smell from the peeps factory is pretty good. I live next door to a craft brewery and down the road from a coffee roasting company and the smells on any given day are pretty good.

I too prefer the aged peeps, keeping them around long enough to age properly is always a challenge for me though.

91682046_1458369214334439_7832367571474055168_n.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 12:20 PM, denduke said:

I sold all my equities waiting for a bottom to catch the sales getting back in.

Did you catch it?

I bought one couple wks ago I had had it’s up .80 today for 5000 shares.   Trying to get 5k back I lost in the 2days tryin to sell it all.   Usually get good dividend income erey year; missing that.  Shoulda bought twitter at 20 and still kicking myself for not buying FB on its IPO couple years ago at 40....it’s bumping 230.. Gamble on the dips with good dividends and positive EPS but   afraid one day the market is going back to reality and bomb again.   

That's great news. 3 months and no end in sight here. Our businesses are starting to open in defiance of our Governors orders and threats. People are finally starting to realize that COVID19 isn't the rampant indescriminate killer it has been portrayed through constant media death counts and positive test results. Perhaps if our astute governor didn't order recovering COVID19 patients Into nursing homes we would have an even lower death rate than it already is. There I go ranting when I should be happy for you. Enjoy your freedom and I hope business picks up for you real soon. 

We are going back to onsite work 100% this week. No more work from home every other week. Got a client doing a Covid vaccine trial with up to 10,000 devices (phones/tablets) on top of other stuff ramping up. Not too happy about everyone coming back in at once but our county had really dropped significantly with all the distancing stuff. My company is also doing a really good job of keeping us separated and keeping common, touchable surfaces sanitized and stuff daily.  I don't think this is going to last and we'll probably be working split shifts again of some sort by 4th of July to be honest.   

20 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

That's great news. 3 months and no end in sight here. Our businesses are starting to open in defiance of our Governors orders and threats. People are finally starting to realize that COVID19 isn't the rampant indescriminate killer it has been portrayed through constant media death counts and positive test results. Perhaps if our astute governor didn't order recovering COVID19 patients Into nursing homes we would have an even lower death rate than it already is. There I go ranting when I should be happy for you. Enjoy your freedom and I hope business picks up for you real soon. 

Thanks, things are starting to pick up again a little. All of the tour boats cancelled the trips to Alaska this summer, and many of the tourist places up here are staying closed. It should be a good year for fishing and independent travelers up here.

22 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Are you in MI poopdeck? I know you all have it rough, the whole contact tracing and crazy government stuff here scares me way more than the covid.