Fly Tying
Swamp Fly

Site Facelift?

Nice freaking job all!! I love the new format. It's bigger and seems to be working really well for me. And there's no stupid like button. Really nice upgrade. 

Is there a mobile feature? Or is this it?  Is there a possibility of having place of origin by username.   What is “O” by the name?    

1.  You've got your location below your name.

2.  The "0" is a reputation marker.  I don't, yet, know what that means.

3.  I think some people are already looking at this on their smart phones.

This is what I see on iphone    Below my name???   Desk top is different?  Is there a way to go to desk top from mobile?571-FEA80-5473-4-F12-B3-CC-7720357076-C0

Ah ... I didn't know.  I still use a flip phone.  No "smart" features.  Laptop is my only link to the internet.

Your location is below your name on MY screen.  I am of no help on the mobile screen.

I'm using my new PC with windows 10 (?) whatever the new and approved is and "Edge" which has to go!  Not enjoying the full bio chatter below the user avatars.  The "go to last unread" is there if you hover the cursor.  No icon to shoot at.

The "full bio chatter" is input from the member on their profile page.  It's always been there, just wasn't as noticeable before.

Is there a tab that produces a list of new content like before?  I have the Xs using my mobile and will hopefully see that improve as Will tidies up. 

colin 

on the desk top version its called "unread content" in the upper right hand corner

unread.jpg

and in the lower right hand corner

unread-2.jpg

i havent seen a mobile phone version of this forum just yet. maybe it has to be switched on by the higher ups

it may be good for all active members to use a little of their own time to hover their mouse arrow over different areas of this new software to see what the squares/symbols actually do

Been playing around with the new format. It seems really simple to use and very easy to add links or pictures to a post. It seems a bit slow but I am using an old computer after my newer one crashed so it might be the computer. Glad to have this up and running again. Thanks to the owners for a great resource. The picture is just a test.

IMG_6437_zps2xjomtrn.jpg

Edited by Lesg
added to text

I am actively working on speed improvements. Not much choice on the upgrade, the previous version was out of date and unsupported meaning the "license key" that enables anti spam features was gone. Which is why I had to disable registrations a while back. Either no new registrations or new version of software. I am looking into why the icons are missing...

Will,

Thank you so much for this and everything else that you have been doing.  I know that it is for the most part a thankless job you have been doing since when everything is running well no one notices but when things go south people start gathering in groups with pitchforks.

Thank you

Swamp

Thanks Smallie. I really appreciate having access  to your site and the great info available here.

Les

Will, Thanks for doing a fantastic job with this site!! Really appreciate all of your work - and dedication to the Fly Tying community!!