Fly Tying
breambuster

One Swapper For The Dry Fly Round Needed

We have 1 member of the swap who needs to withdraw, so, we have a vacancy. The final due date is April 10. If you can help us out, let me know.

BB

Ok. Mark. You are in. You might want to read all the rules in the first post if the Round 1 thread. There are several rules that apply to those who want to participate in more than one round. Basically, for a single round, the rules are pretty much the standard rules. The final due date is a April 10. It is very important that you have your set of flies In My Possession by that date. After the 10th you would be dropped if you don’t have a VERY good reason for being late. To keep the Rounds on schedule we have to keep each individual round on a strict schedule. So far, we haven’t had any serious problems. 

BB

No problem, I'm not sure I'll be in another round, just jumped in to help complete this round. Just one thing, do you want 12 + 3 wildcats? Not sure if I saw it mentioned anywhere.

Favoring a few wild cards in these swaps, in the past, have been a good thing, especially in the hands of an esteemed Swampmanager such as BB.  He will put a great assortment out, with a few surprises for each.

BB, I also plan a pair to send. Have the H&L Variants done to the best of my limited ability and am doing a quill bodied dry to go with it. The H&L is a big fly that floats through any riffles and would support a smaller bead dropper to go with it. Sounds like we'll get a great set of flies out of this.

Mark, not sure what you mean about “Wildcats.” If you would like to tie up a second set for everyone, I will see to it that those are handled properly. No problem. If you are talking about an extra fly for the Swapmeister as a “Thank You” then my policy has always been that extras are never required or even expected, but always welcomed when they are sent. If that fails to answer your question, then, please, ask again and let me know what a “wildcat” is.

BB

2 hours ago, breambuster said:

Mark, not sure what you mean about “Wildcats.” If you would like to tie up a second set for everyone, I will see to it that those are handled properly. No problem. If you are talking about an extra fly for the Swapmeister as a “Thank You” then my policy has always been that extras are never required or even expected, but always welcomed when they are sent. If that fails to answer your question, then, please, ask again and let me know what a “wildcat” is.

BB

I guess they are "wild cards" not "wild cats" my mistake

In another swap I was in everybody made 12 flies all the same and then they each made three extras that were not the same. All three were different and more elaborate than the main set. Those three, from each participant, were distributed at random between all of the participants. Every body ended up with 15 flies beside his own.. Some of the others here were talking about wild cats, that's what prompted my question because you had not mentioned it.

I will take your answer as a "No, wild cards are not expected in this swap"

I would like to make an extra set, however, getting into this late, I would not commit to it. I will see how things look when I get done with the first set.

51 minutes ago, breambuster said:

Sorry Mark. No I’ve never been in a swap with wildcards. 

BB

That's fine with me, I'm good.