Fly Tying
breambuster

Parachute Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

Hoards of Locusts! A whole box of Parachute Hoppers arrived today. If you look up Parachute-style Dry Flies in the dictionary, the picture beside the definition ought to be Woodenlegs’ flies. Wow! 

If anyone is on the fence, we have 2 spots for now, but the swap closes tomorrow. If you’re thinking about it, getting Woodenlegs’ flies ought to be enough to convince you to join.

BB

Breambuster

My Krystal Crickets are done, please PM me your address, thanks

The Swap is now Officially (albeit a little bit late) closed.

I haven’t been online the last few days because we had a near miss from a rogue tornado Sunday night. In fact, 3 tornados crossed our County and took out many steel power poles that support 4 transmission lines. Our transmission line serves 7 sub stations, including ours. Power off about 3:30 AM Monday (which means the late night hours of Sunday) and didn’t come back on until about 9:30 tonight, Wednesday night. Being without power which includes the internet, living through a communications blackout with coronavirus scares isn’t fun. But I’m back, all is well, and life goes on.

BB

I need your address BB. I can't find my notebook but I'm not sure if I have your current one anyway, just the old SC one.

Sorry guys, going to have to drop out of a swap for the first time ever. Reason being, I tied up a HUGE batch of dries in trade for a St. George and have no hooks left except like 5 in size 14. New hooks won't be here soon enough. Sorry again.

WAIT!!! HOLD UP! Just remembered my neighbor! He has a bunch of size 12 dry fly hooks and if I ask he will leave a few on my doorstep!

9 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

The Pale Morning Dun 'Chutes are ready to ship, be in the mail in the morning.

DSCF5197-X3.jpg

Sweet work👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

Two sets of sweeeeet parachutes arrived today. They are the work of Bryon Anderson and mcgx2. Excellent work, guys. These are nice and will be sure to find a special place in the well-stocked fly box.

BB

I went to the post office, or should I say post offices, yesterday BB.  I don't know what you call either of the flies I tied so someone feel free to help me out when you get them.  They are both mayflies, one with a uni-flex body and one with a moose mane body.  Thank for hosting