Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9 years smoke free

Woo hoo, you know what that means, you not only have more money for fishing, you get to fish longer. I have an idea, take all the money you would be spending on smoking, put it in a jar and when you have enough money you can come to Alaska and fish with me and Mike. After this stupid virus is over.

Mark, as a pack a day smoker at $7 per pack (which is what I was paying when I quit) I added up today and I've saved probably $23,000 since I quit. Crazy when you actually add that up.

Congrats Steve. 35 years for me. The only thing I remember about smoking is that it was a lot harder to quit than it was to start. Tons of money saved as well as my lungs.

Just under 200 days dip free for me. I am still doing nicorette but down to the lowest dose and tapering that too. Congrats man, it's not an easy road. 

Congratulations my Friend !!!  Looking forward to the many additional years of camaraderie.

Good on you Steve!  May 1 will be 4 years tobacco free for me.  (I didn't give up all the smoke.)  My tobacco pouch was over $26 a day when I quit.  Sin taxes make tobacco and alcohol very expensive here, but heart attack care is still free. 

1 hour ago, WJG said:

My tobacco pouch was over $26 a day when I quit.

Thanks guys. It for sure was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. 

WJG- $26 per day? Was that some sort of higher end pipe tobacco or what was that? I couldn't even imagine doing $26 per day that's crazy lol

Congrats, about 25 years for me. The ONLY one I ever missed was the first one of the day with my first cup of coffee. I havent even thought about a cigarette in 15-20 years