Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Jig Fly Round - Well-Stocked Fly Box

A sweet set of flies arrived in my mailbox on Saturday, a welcome addition to my fly box.  Will try to post additional photos later today. 

Thanks to all who participated and BB for hosting.  

Got mine yesterday. Now I have to go to a bigger box to house all the previous, these, and the set still coming.

It was a banner fly day yesterday. I received two sets in the mail, and I sent two packages for swaps out. I'm actually all caught up from a busy month of tying for swaps in various places. Kept me busy at vise but what a mess to clean up. I put a picture of vise with the shower magnets I glueed to it on the other section of board and everyone commented about how nice and clean my tying area was. I should have taken the picture two hours earlier but then now one could have seen my vise for the 2" of mess covering the desk.

got mine

toe tags came off about 6 flies

they must have had a torturous trip in the mail 😀

For better or worse Norm, mine generally stay on since I use small hunks of foam. Even so since hooks are barbless or pinched I have a hard time with the really small stuff. Could loop a mono through like one tyer but too much work. The last package I sent to BB had a 24 rainbow warrior variation in there and probably those will fall off. I know since I do a lot of swaps the paper tends to lose flies in sorting and counting.. If barbed they stay a little better but then I have to pinch barb. I think this is the first swap I've been in where every fly was on a barbless hook, or think they were. Don't remember pinching any down.

Some of the packages arrived at one house with a pile of flies in 1 corner and a pile of toe tags in another corner. Every fly in the set had lost its toe tag. I tried folding the edge of the toe tag over so the hook went through 2 thicknesses, but that may not have worked either. The ones with strings always arrive as a tangled up mess. Takes some time to get them all untangled, but they rarely, but still sometimes, lose their toe tag.

BB

On 5/5/2020 at 12:02 PM, stabgnid said:

I'm in doing a March Brown nymph

Hey Steve, I did very well with your March Brown jig nymph this Saturday, netting a bunch of nice Rainbows, including this beaut.  Thanks!

IMG-20200704-134044-02.jpg

1 hour ago, niveker said:

Hey Steve, I did very well with your March Brown jig nymph this Saturday, netting a bunch of nice Rainbows, including this beaut.  Thanks!

IMG-20200704-134044-02.jpg

Finally someone posted a fish that they caught with one of my flies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so freakin much this made this day start even better !!!!

Steve-stabgnid

19 hours ago, stabgnid said:

Finally someone posted a fish that they caught with one of my flies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so freakin much this made this day start even better !!!!

Steve-stabgnid

Glad you enjoyed the photo, stabgnid.