Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Jig Fly Round - Well-Stocked Fly Box

Pick, your flies are very nice, nothing to apologize for. I just had to tease you a bit about your son’s flies. I’m sure there is still a lot his dad can teach him?

BB

On 5/21/2020 at 7:24 AM, breambuster said:

Pick, your flies are very nice, nothing to apologize for. I just had to tease you a bit about your son’s flies. I’m sure there is still a lot his dad can teach him?

BB

I know you were teasing I just wanted to send in a nice set of flies. Having not tyed on jigs before they were not my best flies ever. All good thanks again for making the swap possible! 

We received 3 more sets today. Stabgnid, Johnw1986, and Vicrider all got their sets in today. Also Shmang’s set arrived recently. All sets are great and you guys can start looking forward to some really neat flies. Thanks to all.

BB

Oh crap - last one in with my flies.  They hit the PO yesterday.  I tied up the usual dozen, plus a few in a different color for the host, thanks BB.  I rarely tie on a small jig hook, so it was a  nice change of pace.  I used these this past week-end and they did pretty well for me in a stretch of water that is not usually productive, hope they do as well for you all.  

Anyhow, looking forward to receiving my share of the pie.  

IMG-20200527-075536.jpg

Hey Guys. Just wanted to let you know the Nikever’s flies arrived on Thursday and all sets are in. I hope to have them in the mail on Monday. Also, I will be posting the final round of the Well-Stocked Fly Box either today or tomorrow. Watch for it. I think you will like it. And it’s a great way to close out this series of swaps. I can say that because the idea isn’t mine, but came from 1 of you guys. You won’t want to miss it.

BB

Ok Guys. I have gotten the flies divided up, but in the process, I have run into a problem. As I receive the sets, I put them in a cloth bag, I guess some might call it a “tote.” It has cloth handles. Anyway, when I spread them out, there was 1 set missing: Mosko’s. I have asked him and he says he sent them, and I’m sure he has.  The roster on the first thread says that I received them, but I can’t find a post where I let him know that I received them

Mosko says that he mailed them a little more than a week ago, and that the mail around Denver is slow and that a letter to his parents took 10 days to arrive. If I had received them within the last week, I would remember that. When all of this started, earlier this afternoon, I was trying to remember all the sets I have received 2 and 3 weeks ago.

Ok, that said, here is what I’m going to do. First, Mosko, I am so sorry for this, especially since it is your first swap. Let me assure you that after years of hosting, and lots and lots of swaps, this has only happened once before and the missing set DID show up, eventually. Next, to everyone else, I am going to wait a couple of days to see if Mosko’s set shows up. Also, due to the generosity of all the other swappers, there were enough extras to make up a set for Mosko if his set doesn’t show up, and I will be sending them to Mosko, If all else fails. Also, due to the extra effort of Pickin6ofem’s son, you will all get 2 different patterns from Pick, so you will be getting back at least 10 flies. Just wanted to be up front with everyone and let you know where we are. I will keep you informed of further developments. 

BB

Hey BB - Makes sense to me waiting a day or two  or three  -  you  do what you feel is  best.  We all know stuff happens..............

If  you need to short me some patterns so everyone gets an appropriate  number I am OK with that too.  Mosko being a "new  guy" swapper I want  him to  get the full effect.

Shmang

1 hour ago, Shmang said:

you  do what you feel is  best

That pretty much sums up my sentiments also.  No worries on my end, hope everything turns up.  

I have a full set ready to go the Mosko. He’s going to be well taken care of. No worries there. I would just hate for everyone not to get 1 of his flies. All kinds of things happen with the mail. I have even had swappers have their set returned to them because of some glitch with the address. Just a little thing like putting the house number as 309 rather than 390. So, I’m inclined to give it a few days to see if they turn up. I was hoping they would come today, but no joy.

BB

Good news, everyone. Mosko’s flies were in today’s mail. I have added 1 of his flies to all of your sets and they will be in the mail tomorrow. His fly has a toe tag that says AM. Great set. Hope you all enjoy them.

BB

This set, plus the nymph set, should cover most of the fishing we do. Some are lucky enough to get trout coming to top but most of us have to dredge for them.

Ok Guys, the flies are in the mail. Sorry for any confusion through all of this. This was an excellent set of flies and I know that you will all be happy with your set. Thanks to everyone for participating. 

BB