Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicente

bass swap

Need address Please....srry there going to be late but life has gotten In my way with Wisconsin be open ..

Steve-stabgnid

1 hour ago, stabgnid said:

Need address Please....srry there going to be late but life has gotten In my way with Wisconsin be open ..

Steve-stabgnid

No worries Steve, I am late myself, works been crazy, between that and kids I've been to worn out too feel like tying in the evenings.

bigthumbsup_zpsc21a5ade (2).jpg

Okay man, recipe time. Bass worm hook, Mad Scientist Krap dubbing, Brown Hen Hackle collar, but what did you wrap the dubbing one? I like it but don't want to take yours apart to tie my own. I have the Fly Tyers Dungeon heavily rubber legged dubbing and yours looks like that.

11 hours ago, vicrider said:

bigthumbsup_zpsc21a5ade (2).jpg

Okay man, recipe time. Bass worm hook, Mad Scientist Krap dubbing, Brown Hen Hackle collar, but what did you wrap the dubbing one? I like it but don't want to take yours apart to tie my own. I have the Fly Tyers Dungeon heavily rubber legged dubbing and yours looks like that.

Mine are tied on a size 2 worm hook, super kraken dubbing in brown leach, it's furled in a loop with 210d utc thread, the collar is brown mmarabou.

Make a dubbing loop on the hook about 8 inches long, spin it a bunch it needs to be very twisted double it over tie the unattached end down, I put the hook through the put the dubbing/body to keep it out of the way, add the collar on I reverse tie the marabou. It's a pretty fast easy tie, they will float until they get wet then they sink very slowly.

Alright flys are sorted, I should be able to get them in the mail tomorrow, here's a picture of the full set, everyone will be getting some variation of this back with extras.

20200624_225400.jpg

my grandson saw the flies and wants the topwater and helmet head fly .  they look very good even with the satin bluegill upside down. nice worktyers

4 hours ago, richmce said:

my grandson saw the flies and wants the topwater and helmet head fly .  they look very good even with the satin bluegill upside down. nice worktyers

There should be at least a couple duplicates, maybe you'll both get one.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:13 AM, dflanagan said:

Hot damn! Should’ve gotten in on this one. Nice work, everybody. 

I'm not going to lie to make you feel better, you missed out with all the extras from people who did 2 sets and or sent in 12 flys that were a mixed color scheme with less than 12 swappers made some really cool sets.

All the participants flys are in the mail on their way back to you, FRN donated a bunch of nice colored macrame yarn as well you'll all be getting a good mix of colors.