Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
imaxfli78

Best FF Material catalog....

I used to use Kaufmanns Streamborn, I like to have a catalog in my hands, not on-line. Any suggestions who I should get to send me one???

I'm looking for one that has good pics/description of products and good "hair"(like many different types oft elk hair)....

While waiting for an analog catalog you might look at whitetailflytieing dot com under the category tieing hair. They specialize in hair have a larger variety than most.

cascade crest tools is another source they are a flytying material company.. dont know if they have a paper catalog

bob mariotts used to be about a 1/2 inch thick

bears den is online. no catalog

feather craft

jstockard 

hook and hackle

the fly shop

cascade crest catalog download link is not working

dont forget to sign up for shop newletters for additionals deals they offer

I wish I had $.25 for every hour I spent going thru the Fly Tying section of the Herter's catalog 55 years ago. 

Feather-Craft, JStockard and The Fly Shop catalogs, some of the best bathroom reading there is.
Also, back issues of the Drake. Which never get old.

Kimo

I get a bunch of catalogs.  The two I order fly tying materials from the most are Feather-Craft and the Fly Fishers Fly Shop.   Jann's Netcraft and Barlow's have fly tying materials but they'r more oriented toward the dark side of fishing, lure making.  If you're looking for jig hooks, hooks for bass bugs and flies, silicone legs, they're both a good source.  Also I've found items like foam cylinders and eyes a bit cheaper.  Their web sites have place where you can request a catalog.

Feather Craft's catalog is always pretty good but I buy most of my stuff from Whitetail Fly Tying Supplies.

20 hours ago, flytire said:

bob mariotts used to be about a 1/2 inch thick

bears den is online. no catalog

feather craft

jstockard 

hook and hackle

the fly shop

cascade crest catalog download link is not working

dont forget to sign up for shop newletters for additionals deals they offer

Bob Marriott's...no one else ever  came close to all the stuff inside:

QPCOM24.png

PT/TB

Yep, I still have an old Marriott catalog.  If you are in St. Louis, Feather-Craft has a really nice store.

As others have shared feather craft is pack full of everything you would need also cabelas has a fly fishing only catalog that provides you with everything from fishing to fly tying

FeatherCraft are pretty fast for me.   Not any fly shops down here.   But thought I’d died gone to heaven when I found SportsmanWarehouse, Slidell, La.  We hit the place few times a years when we seatrout the Trestle on LakePonchatrain.  Nothing  like putting hot hands on items.   Don’t think they have a catalog but heads up for a couple of guys on this board.👍

591C0AF1-1230-4694-A22A-E0FACBDE93E7.png

9F174E4F-763E-48A4-B68E-3FF0C6206525.png