Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable daily updates

Thanks. Wife has been trying lots of new recipes since we haven't been in a restaurant in 3 months. Have used the drive-through a few times. Surprisingly, I haven't gained any weight.

My friend Richard came up to fish with me for a couple days so we went down lower in the system today to avoid tubes/canoers. Had some fun with some warmwater species. Going to hit more trout sections again tomorrow after all the weekenders head home.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Aaahhhh.  Nice Walleye, beautiful SmallMouth,  a trout and a perfect picture of a "Poison Flag" Iris.  Nice stretch of water, too.  Thanks, I needed that.

Thanks. Not in the U.P though, I'm in Mio which is the Northern lower peninsula.

Mike- I love when the Iris bloom on the river. Such a pretty flower to see next to the water.

Looks like a great time for all. BTW, my invitation must have been lost in the mail.🤣

Cold front seemed to have put the trout off the small natural type streamers that were working last week. So tied up some bigger ones that I would normally use more in the early spring and that seemed to get some attention this morning from a few decent rainbows. One was a nice chunky 14"er. Not a giant by any means but a nice trout for a bright sunny middle of the day.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Everything about that place makes me ... envious.  Except it's only like that for a few months, then it's cold.

Just a beautiful evening on the river. Another nice fat healthy rainbow to hand. Time to jump in the shower to wash off the picaridin so I can get to bed and get a few hours sleep before getting up to hit the river at daylight again. Money / material things could not make me any happier than doing what I am doing here :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Have a good night, sleep well, catch lots in the morning.  I'm trying to decide between boating the river or walking the pond tomorrow.  This is my last week of trail retirements.   Boss called, I have to go back to work Monday.

To me, fishing as the sun rises or goes down, are priceless experiences. I'm glad you're having as great time.