Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable daily updates

With that kind of heat coming in those trout may be the last blessing of the season till cool weather comes back. Hopefully water temps hold through part of your trip at least and you can get a few more. No doubt you're geared for warm water fish too. Enjoy !! Where we go in Maine is still on partial lock down for out of staters, you go there you are stuck on the property you stay at lol.  And no shopping, carry in carry out policy.

Sure glad for you Steve with maybe just a touch of a green glow here !!!

Steve,

As always, I envy you you sojourns on one of my favorite rivers ever. 

By coincidence I just ordered a coupe of Danielsson reels for my trout speys and had them both engraved with the names of my top MI rivers -- the Au Sable and Pere Marquette! 

Imagine a heat wave up north in MI!

Hel,l I could live full time in your rooms -- except for the need for a way bigger rod rack.

Rocco

The good thing is the heat yesterday was the leading edge of the front from cyrstalbal. Now after today the highs for the next couple days is only 63, and then after that back to the mid-high 70's so should be done with the heat now which is good. Got some wind today hitting 30+mph at times. Probably hang out at the room for a bit and decide later if I am gonna go out this evening or just wait it out till tomorrow. That's the good thing about a long trip with an undetermined return date, no rush so got nothing but time :)

Nice trout, looks like you're having a great time. Good for you.

I'm going out for cuts and brookies later this month. I think browns are the only trout we don't have up here.

Really tough conditions today with casting the spey rod and streamer into a 35mph headwind, but the the reward of a great river smallmouth this morning was totally worth it.

1.jpg

Yeah ... that's a pretty one!  Other than the wind, looks like a beautiful day ... behind you.

River had the look and the feel of a fall day this evening with the cool temps, wind, and dark sky rolling by all evening. Nymphed one of my favorite runs tonight and had decent action with a number of bows the size of the one in the pic. Did have a somewhat decent brown on that was probably in the low teens but came off right as I was reaching to unclip the net. Ah well at least I got to see him. Got a friend coming up tomorrow to fish with me the weekend but might get up at sunrise and go nymph the run again for a few hours before he gets here. Weather is supposed to be really nice the next week or so.

2.jpg

3.jpg

<---- jealous of the fishing.  You can keep the low temps up there, but I do like the looks of the water you're wading through.

You really know how to relax on a high scale. Take care and would your mother share her recipe for the icing?

I would love to have your temps. Here in SE TN, we deal with high temps and high humidity. Last few days have been tolerable. I have asthma and people can't understand why I like winter. Low temperatures and very low humidity result in more oxygen in the air.

I'll have to ask her for it when I get home. I know she uses Hersey's power chocolate and a half stick of margarine,  but I think she adds milk and something else as well. You'd love the temp right now. Only in the high 40's at the moment.