Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Intruders and tube flies swap

Intruders or tube flies.  Sign up by Aug 1.  Due Oct 15.  Making a late due date to accommodate summer plans.  These flies intrigue me.  

1.  Vicrider--Intruder. ARRIVED

2.Stabgnid ARRIVED 

3. CPHubert. ARRIVED

4.mikemac1. ARRIVED

love intruders but a later due date would be nice they take a lot of work and its fishing season ..

Steve-stabgnid

Oct 15?  These things do take time to tie.  Should we limit to 6 or go with a dozen, if there is interest?

Does anyone have suggestions for videos, step-by-steps, or books that would help in learning about these flies? I got a couple packages of tubes in a grab bag a while back and haven’t a clue what to do with them. I’d jump in if the due date were far enough out for me to learn a bit about this style of tying. Always liked the look of intruders but don’t know where to start. 

Is this swap going to happen ?? heck I don't care if its 6 or 20 need something to do pretty soon ..

Steve-stabgnid

Okay, but seeing as I just sold my complete set of tube tying kit and materials that I never used I'll go for an intruder.

I've only tied one tube fly in my life and never fished it or liked it. I am leaving my comfort zone going to give it a go with a tube fly pattern after I get some material,  probably won't be finished until October.

This is a good start.  I just moved to Oregon and am still trying to get exactly what qualifies as an intruder.  It seems to require a small trailer hook, a connection, at least one satin with a shoulder and some type type of flowing or dangling material.  Can be any size or density, weighted, or unweighted, natural or synthetic.