Fly Tying

I figured why not...somebody has to do the first post on the new topic line.

This is a Jock Scott I tied a few years ago, and I thought what many folks would agree is the most recognizable classic salmon fly of all seems fitting as being first.

The fly is tied with all authentic materials on a Ronn Lucas, Sr. 4/0 Jock Scott model hook. It is to date the only JS I've tied with all the proper materials and no subs.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy.

728207831_DSC_0021(2).thumb.JPG.f225e5d11fe014d9ae08f9807974b255.JPG

Edited by SalarMan
oops

Nicely done! I agree it is a very recognizable classic, and for good reason. It's satisfying to tie with all the original materials. You can't go wrong with one of Ronn's hooks either. Thanks for starting the section off right!

17 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Very nice. It looks complicated.

Just a bit Mark. A total of 27 ingredients from the exotic Red Indian Crow, Toucan & Chatterer to the mundane like chicken and turkey. As always I had just plain fun tying this fly.

6 hours ago, SalarMan said:

Just a bit Mark. A total of 27 ingredients from the exotic Red Indian Crow, Toucan & Chatterer to the mundane like chicken and turkey. As always I had just plain fun tying this fly.

Wow, 27. it sure looks nice.