Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #1 - Streamers - CLOSED AND ENDED

3 hours ago, Swmalone said:

Now the hard part. Trying to patiently wait. 

Aye, the anticipation on fly swaps kills me, but draws me into joining another at every opportunity.  Like a kid on Christmas Eve.    

18 hours ago, Swmalone said:

Now the hard part. Trying to patiently wait. 

Hope  your wife is never pregnant!

Question - what are we doing about smashing barbs?  I usually smash mine but want to adhere to the norm for the swap or any std policy for swaps.

Thanks, Gary

17 minutes ago, gpnfishWW said:

Question - what are we doing about smashing barbs?  I usually smash mine but want to adhere to the norm for the swap or any std policy for swaps.

Thanks, Gary

I smashed mine prior to sending, but like you I always smash the barbs. I didn’t even think about it. 

56 minutes ago, Swmalone said:

I smashed mine prior to sending, but like you I always smash the barbs. I didn’t even think about it. 

There is no STANDARD for the swaps as far as the barbs are concerned BUT most fisherman/ladies I know already have enough piercings so as a safety feature we either de-barb the hooks or tie with barbless hooks as a safety feature.  Plus, knowing me I'd hook myself on the first cast and have to cut the hook and never get to see how the fish like your pattern.

How's that for one of my usual short answers?! :) 

Kim

30 minutes ago, WWKimba said:

There is no STANDARD for the swaps as far as the barbs are concerned BUT most fisherman/ladies I know already have enough piercings so as a safety feature we either de-barb the hooks or tie with barbless hooks as a safety feature.  Plus, knowing me I'd hook myself on the first cast and have to cut the hook and never get to see how the fish like your pattern.

How's that for one of my usual short answers?! :) 

Kim

Smashed it is!

14 hours ago, Johnw1986 said:

Thanks! Need address 

Just PM'd you.

Kim

Just over three weeks before the flies are due - don't get your wonderful flies mixed in with the last minute mail-in ballots!  

Kim