Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DogtaEff

Fly Tyer Pattern Bible

Hope everyone is well

I had posted about fly tyer magazine a few weeks back and flytire had taken a picture of the Fly Tyer Pattern Bible, so of course I had to try and find one. 

Surprisingly enough I found a copy on Etsy. It was a hard copy version with a few surprises that I’d like to share.

My theory is that it was a gift to current subscribers at that time. I have attached photos for you to take a look at and tell me if you think a subscriber gift is a reasonable origin story. When I opened it up there were loose papers that I’ve also included. They are basically subscriber mail-ins encouraging recipients of the bible to get their friends to subscribe.

As some of you know I’m trying to get a complete set of Fly Tyer magazine so this was a great find for me.

Tight lines!!

3774D816-E4B6-4A6F-9360-769BD52A0E47.jpeg

6FAEB8B6-403B-4ADC-B90C-91C70A4B9F64.jpeg

B67231D5-D4C5-4E29-BA4C-B55AABFADBA9.jpeg

I don't know about that stuff but the book looks to be in great shape. I wonder if it originally came with a dust cover.

I've been a subscriber since the second year and have all the issues.  I never received the index as a gift to subscribers but did buy one years later.  It was a spiral edition not the limited edition in your photograph.

Dave