Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dogfacedoc

Lost a friend

A few months ago I asked for donations to a veterans group a friend of mine had started.

I wanted to thank those that donated. Unfortunately two days ago my friend lost his battle with PTSD. He was a fishing buddy, we used to go out to the ponds on Fort Stewart and to the GA tidal creeks on kayaks chasing redfish. We had plans to get together for a smallmouth trip as well as hunting deer.

I ask that if any of y'all are in a mindset that suicide seems like the answer, to please reach out to someone. I talked to him almost everyday, and did not pick up on clues to his intent. 

Sorry Doc, hard to see sometimes and that makes it harder to come to terms with. Twenty two a day is unacceptable, PTSD and depression are killing more than IED's I feel for his family and friends.

So sorry for your loss. My brother committed suicide 10 years ago and not a day goes by where I don't think about what I could have done to help him,

Peace Be His Journey!

Man, I am very sorry to hear this. It's a sad and very real problem for too many people. My heart goes out to you and everyone close to him.