Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RickZieger

Flasher

My experience the tiny blades don’t spin as well as the larger.    I want water movement and vibration not just flash on the fall.   Heavey dressed fly hampers this. Your long streamer prolly helps on that.  I had mine in mind for salty marsh red fish more than bream, bass, trout.  They work well in stream currents and aren’t that bad to cast.    You may have noticed Dennis Menace on FB is denduke on here.    I see you on BlueGill page a lot.    An Arkansas trout guide gave me a bag of spinners.  BTW iPhone photos work real easy posting on here and inter web in general....

BE487CF6-C687-4806-A262-AB744F44AF66.jpeg

You prolly don’t use smart phone so this may be mute.    But....

take a pic with your phone at nice focused distance..  Then when you view the pic swipe with fingers to enlarge it then take a ScreenShot of it.   Now you have magnified it without focus issues.   On the post click to choose files and find it in your pics and choose.   Let it load.  Wallah! Easy peasy.   EXAMPLE 

8347A502-B430-4BD1-8162-47669ECF1389.jpeg

CACF50FF-C24B-437D-9F22-EBF8E7B5ADE4.png

Interesting fly and spinner blade. My experience with bluegill is that they will hit anything. I have caught them on flies from the box store that sold for a buck for a dozen. Same with small poppers. I like to let the fly sink and gently set the hook when the line twitches. My mother caught bluegill with a short piece of a bamboo pole, line, hook and a piece of red cloth she found in her purse.

I would think the fly and spinner would be good for crappie.

My experience the tiny blades don’t spin as well as the larger.  

Denduke  I have found that this size blade works better for me. A larger blade seems to unbalance the fly and fall first. When this happens the blade does mot move like when trailing the hook.