Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #2 - Nymphs - Registration is now closed

49 minutes ago, WWKimba said:

Wooly Worm - great pattern it and I have something in common - we are both OLD!  Gotcha down.

Kim

Wasn't sure if this fit the category.  Some folks will consider this a wet fly or even a streamer, but I like to weight it down and let it roll along or drag it along the bottom, so I consider it a nymph.

4 hours ago, gpnfishWW said:

Wasn't sure if this fit the category.  Some folks will consider this a wet fly or even a streamer, but I like to weight it down and let it roll along or drag it along the bottom, so I consider it a nymph.

Actually I consider a Wooly BUGGER as a streamer and a Wooly WORM as a nymph pattern.  But that's just me - Oh, I AM THE SWAPMEISTER! (insert evil laugh here!).

On 9/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, niveker said:

I would like to participate if you need another tier, but will hold off for now to give other, newer tiers/members a chance to enter.    I consider myself an advanced beginner.

Also, I would like to urge any newer members/tiers who are sitting on the fence of joining this (or any swap) you should really take the plunge.  Tying up a dozen flies of one kind, (or 10 in this case) especially when they are going to someone else, is a really great way to hone your skills, and you get a bunch of great flies tied by others to boot!

This is now a two tier swap with some more openings, let me know if you'd like to join.

Kim

14 minutes ago, Shmang said:

If you an intermediate person I will participate gladly.  Thanks

Shmang

You are most welcome and are in this swap!  Let me know the pattern you'd like to tie and I'll be hapyy to add it to the swap list

Kim

I plan to send you a "simple" caddisfly larva, from Paul Fling's and Donald Puterbaugh's "The Basic Manual of Fly-Tying" book, or a close variation on it. BTW, in all honesty, I think I belong more in the beginner section of this swap.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, haziz said:

I plan to send you a "simple" caddisfly larva, from Paul Fling's and Donald Puterbaugh's "The Basic Manual of Fly-Tying" book, or a close variation on it. BTW, in all honesty, I think I belong more in the beginner section of this swap.

Thanks.

Sounds good (BTW I just PM'd you).  I'm moving your name now and thanks for letting me know.

Kim

Since there are still a couple openings left I'll close out registration for this swap at the end of the week.  Reminder, flies will need to be in by December 15th.  This swap is open to beginning and intermediate tyers only.  Let me know your pattern choice ASAP because part of this swap is me helping newer tyers with hints and tricks BEFORE you tie to help you out.

Kim

WWKimba, 

Need an address to send you my ties. Tried to message you but get a "WWKimba can't receive messages"