Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tyer - Fly Swap #2 - Nymphs - Registration is now closed

No worries on my end, Kim, especially if you're communicating with them.   I remember my first few swaps as a new tier, thinking you have plenty of time, until you don't! 

The Dark Lord made a visit today.  Your flies look good bowsbrownsnbrookies!

Kim

The Wisconsin contingent of flies came in today!  I received both stabgnid's and  Landon P's flies in todays (Monday's) mail.  Nice ties both of you!  I'll PM you on Tuesday when there is light out so I can take a closer look with these old eyes!

Three more sets to go - and I've been told each has been mailed out (one tyer has even sent out a second set!).  I don't fully trust that new Postmaster General either! :)   I have a feeling that the rest should arrive by the end of this week, although I do know one set seems to be checking out Santa's route by it's tracking info!   Keep your fingers crossed!

Kim

Landon P, you'll be happy to know i got another nice set of flies in todays mail from Sandan.  Two more to go and we can wrap this puppy up!

Kim

John1986, I tried to send you the USPS tracking# for your return flies but got a message that you are not accepting messages.  Let me know if you need this number.

Kim

GREAT NEWS!  Especially for the Tier #1 swappers.  I did not get one - I did NOT get two - but I got THREE sets of flies in the mail today!!!  One set from haziz and not one BUT TWO from gpnfish! ( One postmarked 12/7 and the other postmarked 12/21!!).  I will get these flies out to all Tier #1 swappers by no later than this Saturday - I'll try hard for tomorrow the 31st.

Thank you ALL for your patience and understanding through this COVID/holiday season mail delay!

Kim

Better news today!  I was able to get the flies out TODAY (Wednesday, 12/30) before the PO closed.  I will PM your tracking #'s to you.

Very nice job by ALL tyers in this part of the swap - love to say that you have a great mentor but I know myself better than that! :) 

One reminder though.  Please remember that a self addressed, STAMPED envelope is part of your swap package.  If you can stamp your envelopes - GREAT!  If you wish to include $ to cover postage - also OK. (And my special THANKS to those who have included extra postage/money to cover postage to help out.)  If there is a problem/concern just let me know by PM - I am ALWAYS happy to help out.

Again, a great swap all!

Kim

I haven't heard if anyone has received their flies from this swap yet - please let me know and I'll close this puppy!  And ESPECIALLY let me know if you did NOT!

Kim

4 hours ago, WWKimba said:

I haven't heard if anyone has received their flies from this swap yet - please let me know and I'll close this puppy!  And ESPECIALLY let me know if you did NOT!

Kim

Received mine Tuesday.  I've just been tied up at the office since and haven't had the opportunity to take any photos yet.  I'll try to this evening or tomorrow.  Looks like a great set once again.

And thank you for the bonus materials.  First thing I did after getting home from the office this afternoon was sit down and tie a few patterns with it.  Then followed that up by tying a few crappie flies with the Alpaca!

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

Received mine Tuesday.  I've just been tied up at the office since and haven't had the opportunity to take any photos yet.  I'll try to this evening or tomorrow.  Looks like a great set once again.

And thank you for the bonus materials.  First thing I did after getting home from the office this afternoon was sit down and tie a few patterns with it.  Then followed that up by tying a few crappie flies with the Alpaca!

Chris

:)👍!

Just received mine today. I haven’t had a chance to open it and take pictures yet. Now I guess I need to start working on the wet flies. 

I received my yesterday.  Wow, what a great set of flies everybody, can't wait for better weather to put them to good use.  Thank you WWKimba for playing host, as well as for the material and pattern info sheets.   

Here is the Tier#2 set

IMG-20210103-090640aa.jpg

Not the best picture, but some great flies, Tier 1 flies.  Thank you @WWKimba for running these swaps and for the gifts. 

Edit- I misread, the fly listed as weighted is actually the unweighted Sawyer’s pheasant tail  

AE60ABC9-DAAC-43E6-AEA5-0B4FE82344DD.jpeg