Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Djfan

Wyoming guy here

Welcome. what part of Wyoming?  I learned to fly fish in Jackson Hole.  I still get up there but now fish mostly in Idaho when I am out west.

Nice.  I live in South/Central WY.  Fishing the No. Platte is my thing.  Love that river.  Sometimes I get down to the Poudre in No Colorado, but it's all burning now.  

My plan is to stay away from the Yellowstone area often.  The crowds and CA drivers are nuts.  Love the Galitan, though.  You picked a great place to learn to fly fish!

Welcome to the site from a central New Yorker!  I look forward to seeing some of your comments and additions to this site.

Tight lines!

Kim

My Dad lived in Casper.  He took me to the "Miracle Mile" one of my visits.   Caught more than a dozen Rainbow and 4 Brown trout.  All on a white shyster on a spinning outfit.  I wish I'd had fly fishing gear that time, but didn't.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the site! Herd somewhere that you need a 12wt to dry fly fish Wyoming and its only good till it gets windy :)  

2 hours ago, cphubert said:

Welcome from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the site! Herd somewhere that you need a 12wt to dry fly fish Wyoming and its only good till it gets windy :)  

Thanks.  There's no wind in Wyoming.

My son is moving to NH soon.  I hope to get him the addiction.

9 hours ago, Djfan said:

There's no wind in Wyoming.

🤣  I've been there!  💀 Must be the "still air" that moves fast enough to strip the flesh from your bones.