Fly Tying
vicrider

Covid be damned...We're doing Christmas Swap

Count me in please for the "12 minimum of your favorite freshwater panfish/trout flies" category.

Thanks,

Shmang

I'm in with streamers, heavy bald elves' love to tie streamers! Come to think of it I like tying them too! 

Just to put a bit of interest into this, and if all goes according to plan, my Panfish box will have in it a rare fly, almost never tied anymore. I doubt that hardly anyone here has ever seen this fly, much less, has 1 in their box, but whoever gets my box will get 3 of them. I’m told it’s very effective for bluegills. I’ve been searching for several years to come up with the 1 crucial ingredient, and have just recently and quite by accident, come up with a source. Don’t ask me what the fly is. This is a SECRET Santa Swap in more ways then one.

BB

Steve stabgnid your flies were in today's box. May have been there Saturday but got overlooked when S_I_L brought mail for us. She did bring me a like new Renzetti Traveler vise. It is about all I use anymore after having tried many over the years. This is nicer in design than my older one and the jaws on the old one had to be tightened harder than I liked to hold hooks tight anymore. I don't tie much in big or heavy hooks anymore so this'll be the #1 and if I do need to go heavier I do have a couple of different vises I can use.

BB, after that buildup there better be one in there for Santa and I'll have to put your box on the "Spin the Wheel" Mike Chell has done for me in the past. Think the front page is caught up now and looking good already. If any of you have friends who would like to get in just have them get me their information. Not necessary to join but love to have new blood in.

Figured you and dogface were going to be in but didn't want to write it up until you confirmed it.

Looking good this year. Another dozen would make it great.

Nick , you otta know that I can't pass up a good swap, and this sounds like a doozy!  Count me in for some Polly Roseborough's designs.  This should give you a little more latitude of who to send them to.  Polly's designs usually caught anything under fresh water.

Got ya' WW. Did a little reading. Sounds like Polly was quite a guy who left a lot of friends who remember him well for his flies and his teaching tying.

I knew Polly, he was quite a guy.  He slathered his hooks in glue, the flies last forever.  He tied in hand a lot, with the thread in this shirt pocket and the hook in his left hand.  He did a lot of demos in Southern Oregon.

I'm going to jump in with a handmade knife again, probably one of these little bird and trout/ edc knives in aebl stainless if my blades get back from heat treat in time 15n20 hc if they don't.

20201009_221159.jpg

Fantastic Vicente. I didn't want to say anything until you said for sure you were going to do this again this year. It makes a "spin the wheel" grand prize something really special.