Fly Tying
vicrider

Covid be damned...We're doing Christmas Swap

3 hours ago, dflanagan said:

Nice work, vicente. What wood is in the scales?

It's stabilized buckeye, the pins are white g10, the blade is nitro-v stainless.

Got a wonderful package in the mail today, can’t wait till Christmas morning to open. 

Happy Holidays to

Nick and all those involved 

Got a wonderful gift in the mail today.  Now I'm trying to find out how soon Christmas comes now that we are no longer on Daylight Savings Time?!

Kim

I received my package yesterday evening in the mail.  Thanks to those who participated, and thanks to Nick Szabo for hosting this wonderful event.  It is a highlight of my Christmas season. I don't have to remind anyone of how weird this season has been.  Especially for those of us in the PNW.  Riots, Fires, Pandemics, Bizarre Politics and for me, moving into a house with lots of surprises.  So thanks again for adding some normalcy to my holiday season. 

Package here and "safe" under the tree.  Always look forward to opening that one!  Every time I unwrap an impressive surprise.  Thanks to all especially Nick there's a lot that goes into this one

Actually Dubs, I got bad reports from Santa's spies and yours is just an old beatup Walmart box with a lump of coal in it. Don't want you to get your hopes too high.

Speaking of Christmas, we have more snow than Minneapolis right now. Got about 4" on Sunday, cold yesterday so it stuck, now another 4" piling on top of it. I don't even have a snow shovel anymore but that's all right. I'll just wait until Friday when it'll be in the 60s and all gone.

Nick

Kinda wish I was out hunting in this snow, but I'm enjoying curling up on the couch with the dogger and cat, watching the fireplace.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:59 PM, vicrider said:

Actually Dubs, I got bad reports from Santa's spies and yours is just an old beatup Walmart box with a lump of coal in it. Don't want you to get your hopes too high.

Speaking of Christmas, we have more snow than Minneapolis right now. Got about 4" on Sunday, cold yesterday so it stuck, now another 4" piling on top of it. I don't even have a snow shovel anymore but that's all right. I'll just wait until Friday when it'll be in the 60s and all gone.

Nick

Haha damn elf on the shelf... ratted me out.  Prolly spot on though

Got it just before the nor'easter, safe on the bench will open Christmas eve, Nick thanks for hosting, looking forward to this.