Fly Tying
Pbass

Vise for Streamers?

@Sandan , @Mogup  -   I have ordered the Professional and the swing arm bobbin hanger! I really like the classic design of the professional. 

Thank you to everyone for helping me with this! I truly appreciate it! I will post some pictures once it arrives. 

2 minutes ago, Mogup said:

🤪🤪🤪

When time comes to replace my Traveler with a new rotary it will be a Barracuda! Thanks again. You guys made this process a lot of fun! 

13 hours ago, Pbass said:

@Sandan , @Mogup  -   I have ordered the Professional and the swing arm bobbin hanger! I really like the classic design of the professional. 

Thank you to everyone for helping me with this! I truly appreciate it! I will post some pictures once it arrives. 

@Pbass, congratulations on your new toy. Enjoy the many, many hours using it ahead of you(and as @Mogup said, the kids too. Quick tip, if you haven't seen it. take some blue lock-tite and put a tiny drop on the rotation tension adjustment bolt, set it to your desired tension and forget about it. Even w/ the lock-tite you can adjust the tension as much as you'd like. The lock-tit just keeps the screw from backing out. I did that about 3 years ago and haven't had to even think about it since.  You're going to love that vise. Here's another tip straight from Charlie Craven regarding how tight the jaws should be on a hook. He said, "when you lower the cam arm it should be just a nice smooth hydraulic like feel right over the "bump". It's less pressure than you think you'll need."  Glad to be able to have been of assistance.

1 hour ago, Sandan said:

@Pbass, congratulations on your new toy. Enjoy the many, many hours using it ahead of you(and as @Mogup said, the kids too. Quick tip, if you haven't seen it. take some blue lock-tite and put a tiny drop on the rotation tension adjustment bolt, set it to your desired tension and forget about it. Even w/ the lock-tite you can adjust the tension as much as you'd like. The lock-tit just keeps the screw from backing out. I did that about 3 years ago and haven't had to even think about it since.  You're going to love that vise. Here's another tip straight from Charlie Craven regarding how tight the jaws should be on a hook. He said, "when you lower the cam arm it should be just a nice smooth hydraulic like feel right over the "bump". It's less pressure than you think you'll need."  Glad to be able to have been of assistance.

@Sandan, I appreciate the tips! Thank you again!

24 minutes ago, Pbass said:

@Sandan, I appreciate the tips! Thank you again!

My pleasure. You're going to really like that vise. BTW, where did you order it from if you don't mind my asking.

15 hours ago, Pbass said:

When time comes to replace my Traveler with a new rotary it will be a Barracuda! Thanks again. You guys made this process a lot of fun! 

You know, you don't have to replace one with the other. They let you have as many as you want. You can use both of them.

20 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

You know, you don't have to replace one with the other. They let you have as many as you want. You can use both of them.

Who knew? Thanks Mark😉

1 hour ago, Sandan said:

My pleasure. You're going to really like that vise. BTW, where did you order it from if you don't mind my asking.

Charlies fly box uses USPS. I needed it to ship FedEx or UPS. Charlie said he could ship the other ways but I could not order it from his website and I would not get any conformation emails. I don't like dealing over the phone like that so I ordered it directly from DK.

40 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Sweet! I will let my wife know that the forum has reached a decision and that I can in fact have as many vises as I want! Thats really what I thought to begin with but I don't think she really gets it. LOL  All joking aside she is wonderful and supportive of my fishing/tying/musician addictions. I might add the Barracuda next year.

13 minutes ago, Pbass said:

Charlies fly box uses USPS. I needed it to ship FedEx or UPS. Charlie said he could ship the other ways but I could not order it from his website and I would not get any conformation emails. I don't like dealing over the phone like that so I ordered it directly from DK.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy. FedEx like for tomorrow? or today?

36 minutes ago, Sandan said:

Thanks for the info. Enjoy. FedEx like for tomorrow? or today?

2nd day delivery. I am hopeful that they will ship it out today. I ordered it last night after they were closed. 

28 minutes ago, Mogup said:

@Pbass  Pressure will be on for some masterpieces now !🙂

Of course