Fly Tying
xterrabill

Critters Photo's (living)

Post Photo's of living things you have around you at home or on a trip, Dog, Cat, Tree, Bird, Moose, Llama, Bug,.....Fungi (whatever that was in the fridge), it don't matter, have fun!!!

Bonus points if you can tie a fly from it, Prize will be an "Atta-a-Boy" from who ever wants to give it.

Sony SLT-A57

f/10

iso 100

1/100 sec.

woodstock22 small.jpg

great stuff! except for the icky snail with hot pink caviar....or escargot with pink sprinkles? as Johnny Carson used to say "that's just weird".

:)

23 hours ago, cphubert said:

Apple snail w/ eggs?

Yep, caught it in the act of laying a clutch.

Coral Snake on our drive way.

Coral_snake2.jpg

that is wild Mike, I didn't know they crept around on driveways/around houses ect. Yikes!

Here is one from today, its a Nuthatch aka the upside down bird, likes to stick to the underside of branches to round up some grub, seen him for the first time yesterday

and he came into the feeder this morning.

Nuthatch.jpg

I have been trying for days to get a better photo of this fella, he has been hanging around since spring, he is fast and barks like a dog, we named him Fireball, anyway here is the best photo so far.

He comes to the feeder but always early in the morning and late in the evening when the light is too low to get a decent photo.

Red Bellied Woodpecker

red bellied.jpg

now that was unexpected and very cool, great photo, is it hump day? immediately I hear utopia's caravan in my head and think of my favorite movie Laurence of Arabia.  

For the last nine months it's been most everyday, not just hump day!  This  was about 30km from where Lawrence had one of his headquarters.

On 10/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, denduke said:

Dede’s menagerie....couple Alpaca salty flys...iPhone/iPad photos    Trailcam bucks

52512EE2-5C3F-4735-8B96-1A0368ACD46B.png

Donkey chicken yoga.

Future hackles is what I see... Monitoring a few more.   Wyandotte is like reverse badger😳. The goat has long white/ black hairs on his back.   Trying to BBQ him but no luck YET!  The Alpaca fur is so fine maybe dubbing but for hair tails nada.

3B3CBE83-0978-4749-8BD8-FC8B4D97918C.png

EE9A26CE-BBA5-442C-9515-5B40DD8FE1DF.png

1E496556-6F70-47D8-BFE7-83944A643705.png

AA0F8510-C600-4361-B994-8E87C8329C41.png

2211BDC1-0193-4A3B-8EEF-6B18EBBDFA63.png