Fly Tying
xterrabill

Critters Photo's (living)

I have been loving the photos y'all are putting up, its so cool to see life from around the world!

Here is another photo, White-Breasted Nuthatch.

Very cool little birds, they can stick to and move around the bottom on my feeder upside down almost if they are defying gravity, they are also fairly brave allowing me to walk around them at a distance of less then 10 feet.

nuthatch a.jpg

Yep, Rich.  It's a Brown Watersnake.  Pretty common down here, but few people ever see them.  Or, rather, they see a Moccasin when they're actually seeing these.

I raise you two snakes,  water snakes of some sort.  They sort of look like the one in your picture.

310984397_P5240271(2).thumb.JPG.dd39fde0ba20820fffd43cc4e546369b.JPG

Do you have them in Florida?  

1254880946_P5210421(2).thumb.JPG.d812e6218ccb7dd2cac650819d234c14.JPG

I always think of them as Northern critters

An asylum of loons

128122843_AnasylumofLoons.JPG.45d8fc3e92c2de960dcb9df96988c513.JPG

There appears to be three snakes in that picture.  One of them is eating a fish, one small male intertwined with that one and a third one lying across the top of them.

If that's a beaver, we don't have them this far south, but the north and panhandle do, as far as I know.  If it's a Nutria, they've supposedly been spotted, but I've never seen one here, yet.  Saw lots of them in the Houston area, so I know they can survive here. (similar weather)

ok, I'll play

1st one. My girl Katie doing some retrieving drills on the farm behind my house

2nd One. The Groundhog that was in Katies kennel, up the tree, beside the kennel

3rd.Not my backyard,but a NWR a couple of hours away. Tundra Swan

_RB10084_1.jpg

_RB10010 1.jpg

_RB10913 1 A.jpg

This guy we left live our tags were filled, smae hunt.  Although muley face, ears, and but his rack was more indicative of a whitetail.  Hybred maybe?  Would have taken him in an instant. And some sharptails.

DSC_0047.thumb.JPG.c3335feab2845afc7d111ede2bf9bfcc.JPGDSC_0032.thumb.JPG.d03c0cb0f6facf06d3ce77d68d54d452.JPG