Fly Tying
xterrabill

Critters Photo's (living)

Here’s a 812 lb sun fish that perished during a cold snap last September on the Cape.  Several biologists from Wood’s hole came down to do an autopsy.

09ED7181-8DE5-4ECC-83A1-D385C4FDB3AE.jpeg

A hawk on my parents' hedge last week, looking for those bunnies living under the porch.  

IMG-20220414-111812a.jpg

The Painted Bunting is here!  Passing through on his migration.  Haven't see a mate, yet.PaintedBunting.JPG

Pretty bird, nice photo.  Mother-in-law swore she saw one on her feeders a few days last year, pretty rare her in New England.    

Yesterday, I came across a small flock of Palm Warblers while hiking with the dog.  Had to look them up for an ID. They were sitting in a fallen tree in the swamp, snatching midges in mid-air that were steadily emerging, which is what caught my attention. On their way to their breeding grounds in the northern Canadian forests.  No pictures, unfortunately.     

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

Painted Bunting

I've never had the pleasure of a painted bunting at our feeders.. Used to get a indigo a lot but not in the last few years.

The Painted Bunting was my wife's "unicorn".  We started seeing them a few years ago as they pass through.  We also just starting getting Chipping Sparrows stopping by, too.  When they're here in numbers, the ground looks alive with motion.  We get Palm Warblers and Yellow Rumped Warblers but we haven't had Pine Warblers.  Wife saw a Black and White Warbler, too.

A couple of gray fox kits in the road today.  Two others ran into the woods as soon as I saw them. 

IMG-2605-A.jpg

IMG-2607a.jpg

Edited by niveker
Edit: probably coyotes I have been informed.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:31 PM, mikechell said:

The Painted Bunting is here!  Passing through on his migration.  Haven't see a mate, yet.PaintedBunting.JPG

Pretty.