Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

A "small" project

I won't bore you guys with all the tech mumbo jumbo of what I did to this because if you aren't into RC then it wouldn't mean much anyway ;) But I had a few days while I waited for parts for the next few rods to come in so I decided to strip down and totally rebuild the little 24 scale rc truck I recently got. Bought a vintage 1/20 scale 95 Blazer Model kit off ebay and painted that up and grafted it onto the chassis. Made my own cantilever suspension design which gets a ton more travel than the stock suspension did. Made all the scale accessories myself as well from scratch. Sure if a fun lil guy to take a break with down in the shop now.

f95IErS.jpg
HP9tKch.jpg
8cEN6kI.jpg
bz7VMA4.jpg
xU5RKZ3.jpg
ePtIt0q.jpg
ybZBSxz.jpg
EScAk65.jpg

maybe we are just big kids at heart, but I think that is the coolest little truck/track/bridge ect., the little details are killer.

I am tying tonight (zonkers), hope to out in the morning, winds have been high for days.

Hah!  Love the picture of the 1/24 scale on the 1/5 scale.  And I do like that little terrain corner you built!