Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Deer hunt and salt water fly fishing

1 hour ago, Sandan said:

ended up dressing her out with a flashlight between my teeth

That's the pic I want to see

Mark,

I'm curious to know if that attachment on your rifle barrel (2nd deer ) is a shot cam?

36 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

That's the pic I want to see

@chugbug27 My hands were full and my buddy obviously slacked off photo wise. I think he was too busy trying to "foreman" the job. If you look close you can see the drag line down the hillside the top of which I got her at. That one is the next morning, early. And dinner that night. Tenderloins

PHOTO_20201102_074716.jpg

PHOTO_20201103_202724.jpg

19 hours ago, Sandan said:

Looks like a great trip Mark. I got this one Sunday evening, last day of the season, 15 minutes before legal hunting ended. Elk hair caddis anyone? 

Very nice

59 minutes ago, Meeshka said:

Mark,

I'm curious to know if that attachment on your rifle barrel (2nd deer ) is a shot cam?

Yes, that's a Gopro camera that I rigged to the rifle but as it always happens, when it was time for a shot, there was no time to mess with a camera. Maybe next time.

I know shot cams are available for shotguns and I believe they start video with recoil.  Playback enables you to see where you shot and missed the bird.  A lot of trap/skeet/sporting clay shooters also us them.

How have I missed this post till now, jeez. That's the way to live life right there Mark. Some great pics and looks like a fantastic time. And you can keep the 19' seas. Hell, I don't want any part of the 6' seas LOL

On 11/5/2020 at 8:57 AM, Meeshka said:

I know shot cams are available for shotguns and I believe they start video with recoil.  Playback enables you to see where you shot and missed the bird.  A lot of trap/skeet/sporting clay shooters also us them.

I'm not familiar with that at all. This is just a camera.

55 minutes ago, Steeldrifter said:

How have I missed this post till now, jeez. That's the way to live life right there Mark. Some great pics and looks like a fantastic time. And you can keep the 19' seas. Hell, I don't want any part of the 6' seas LOL

I was a great time. We were able to get out before the 19 foot seas but had to shorten the trip to do it.