Abdomen - Clear micro-tubing

Legs - Hungarian partridge fibers

Antennae - Barred lemon wood duck 

Head - Natural gray ostrich herl or gray peacock herl

I ran out of ostrich herl so I substituted

On 12/7/2020 at 11:17 AM, JDM1 said:

Greedy Grizzly Articulated Bait Fish

1735004992_1205200226_HDR2.thumb.jpg.782b8cd472ea5896e2d6ab5d5fee95bb.jpg

Front Hook: Mustad R74-9672 size 2 (I snipped the hook after tying).

Tail Hook: Gamakatsu T10-6H size 4 up-eye salmon hook.

Thread/Head: 6/0 Metallic silver thread(unsure of brand) used throughout and built up and coated with uv resin for the head.

Front Section: Silicone Rubber Legs, Purple Sparkle/B&W Barred, 4 each approx 2" long. Twisted marabou, black and white, 2 feathers each color.

Tail Section: Silicone Rubber Legs, Purple Sparkle/B&W Barred, 4 each approx 1" long. Extra long UV polar chenille, lavender and black, twisted and wrapped rear to front. 4 med/lg grizzly feathers, aligned in a tail shape with a dot of thin superglue to lock them in place and maintain profile.

This is my first big articulated streamer design and it's basically a small streamer I tied and posted last month on steroids. I'd love some feedback, especially from anyone who ties or fishes these kinds of flies regularly. I feel like I might have overdone the marabou a little?

- Jason 

Really like the concept,i would use an articulated shank forward with weighted eyes and rigged hook point up.The bulk is a plus.I would be using it for warm water predator species my self but the design is very sound and should have a good  swimming motion.

Nice flies everyone, always a treat to see the recent postings on here. 

My contribution for tonight, first soft hackle (worth posting) from a new quail skin:

IMG-2419-cr.jpg

Hook: #14, Saber

Thread/Body: Pearsall’s silk, not sure of color

Thorax: Mole, touch dubbed

Hackle: Quail.

“Grey Partridge”

Hook.       ......   Partridge spider sz 14

Thread.    ......  Gossamer straw

Head.       ......  Peacock herl 

Body.        ......  Straw gossamer

Hackle.     .....   Grey Hungarian 

DFA80588-4FDA-43E3-87C1-548676B9AB9D.jpeg

16 hours ago, flytire said:

Graphic-Caddis-1080.jpg

Graphic Caddis

Hook - Mustad C49S

Thread - Chartreuse and black

Tag - Flat silver tinsel

Abdomen - Clear micro-tubing

Legs - Hungarian partridge fibers

Antennae - Barred lemon wood duck 

Head - Natural gray ostrich herl or gray peacock herl

I ran out of ostrich herl so I substituted

Nice fly, I added this one to my list -  Hopefully I will have a few in my box for the spring!

11 hours ago, niveker said:

Nice flies everyone, always a treat to see the recent postings on here. 

My contribution for tonight, first soft hackle (worth posting) from a new quail skin:

IMG-2419-cr.jpg

Hook: #14, Saber

Thread/Body: Pearsall’s silk, not sure of color

Thorax: Mole, touch dubbed

Hackle: Quail.

Wow I love the color of that one.   

Thanks DF, that's Pearsall's Naples silk.  Not sure if the color is antique gold, amber, somewhere around there

@MoshupThe peacock head really sets it off.  

Syl-s-Midge-1080.jpg

Syl's Midge (Sylvester Nemes)

Hook - Standard wet fly style

Thread - Black

Body - Peacock herl

Hackle - Hungarian partridge

BZN90824.thumb.JPG.eaec0d4d1080b2bb7c8519b2fad87115.JPG

It’s been almost 15 years since Steve Gibson, Sarasota Fishing Guide created the Myakka Minnow.  

It was a fly with so little press, that I was completely unaware of the design until earlier this year.  Basically a modified Epoxy Minnow, the Mighty Myakka Minnow has two important characteristics—big oversized eyes and  an indestructible body (UV cured resin).  When I first read about the Myakka Minnow, I saw immediate application to the inshore saltwater environments I fish several times a year in Florida.  A recent trip proved this fly would live up to its reputation.
BZN90787.thumb.JPG.fc01d2911c1bb2f4192a9fc35515adf8.JPG
Six days on the water on inshore grass flats peppered with deep channels and holes put this fly to the test—speckled trout, ladyfish and aggressive Spanish mackerel—caught by the dozens every day.  Fishing with either a SONAR 30 Warm sink tip or a SONAR Grand Slam Clear Tip F/I, a few were bit off by the mackerel, but the Myakka Minnows that stayed connected to the leader never showed any signs of wear.—This is an Indestructible fly that can be tied in essentially an infinite range of sizes and color combinations that catches fish.

So now in December 2020, I find myself tying these things by the dozens to give to TU friends heading down to the Florida flats this winter.
BZN90819.thumb.JPG.46d3ad87f3ecba9986688b9f45f53b73.JPGBZN90818.thumb.JPG.aeb9535ef5131aa9b14665eaf310b274.JPGBZN90817.thumb.JPG.4d7271069814981cb73e5a29d78987c9.JPG