Fly Tying
flytire

Its coming....

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

That's cute as hell ...."Hey look, leaves!!!..must chase them!!!" 🤣

We've had Oliver a little over a year and every day he makes us smile.  Life with a dog is a blessing my friend!

Yeah ... but dogs have FUR !!!  That's what it's for !!!

If I was meant to enjoy the snow, I'd be covered in fur, too.

Wife says, "If you need someone to babysit Oliver ... call us !!!"

12 hours ago, mikechell said:

Yeah ... but dogs have FUR !!!  That's what it's for !!!

If I was meant to enjoy the snow, I'd be covered in fur, too.

Wife says, "If you need someone to babysit Oliver ... call us !!!"

I don't think little Oliver would care very much for the climate in Florida, it's that fur thing you pointed out Mike.  Believe me he was no fan of the summer up here and couldn't wait for it to end.  He's 1/2 American Eskimo and 1/2 schnauzer and his coat is all from his Eskimo side.  He absolutely loves the cold weather and it's a fight with him to get him back inside.  We'll have the wood stove cranking to take the chill out of the house and he's sleeping on the ceramic tile which is the coldest flooring in our home. 

25 minutes ago, DFoster said:

He absolutely loves the cold weather

Dogs are funny.  I enjoy having our cats, but I agree with your statement that life with a dog is a blessing.  We had a beautiful rescue dog years ago, a Pyrenees/Border Collie mix who was the sweetest, gentlest thing, all black but for her chest and paws.  She would lay out in the snow all day, if it was snowing she'd be covered so that you couldn't even see her.  Funniest thing.  She never had the energy Oliver shows, LOL, practically had to tip the couch over to get her off.  

2 hours ago, niveker said:

Dogs are funny.  I enjoy having our cats, but I agree with your statement that life with a dog is a blessing.  We had a beautiful rescue dog years ago, a Pyrenees/Border Collie mix who was the sweetest, gentlest thing, all black but for her chest and paws.  She would lay out in the snow all day, if it was snowing she'd be covered so that you couldn't even see her.  Funniest thing.  She never had the energy Oliver shows, LOL, practically had to tip the couch over to get her off.  

We also have a cat that chooses to live with us, I say it that way because I'm of the opinion he's just using us for food while secretly plotting our deaths.  The cat was ferrule, we had been seeing him around our property for a year and a half and assumed he belonged to someone.  Then one night we were sitting by our fire pit enjoying some adult beverages when he came up out of the darkness.  My wife began patting him and realized she could feel his rib bones and that he was starving.  Well she fed him and just like that he was at our door every morning at first light and back again that evening.  We needed to get him to a vet for shots, which required welding gloves and three people to get him into the cat carrier.  These days it's easier to pay more $$ for the mobile vet service to come to us.  Having run from coyotes his whole life he was most definitely not happy about Oliver when we got him.  They currently have an uneasy truce where they tolerate each other.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Steeldrifter said:

🤣😄 That's like calling 3ft of rain "swim-able rain"

Sounds like Louisiana. Alexandria had 16 inches of rain in 24 hours.

Bumper sticker- I like cats. They taste like chicken. Story- an Italian restaurant was serving meatballs during WWII. Meat was rationed and people wondered how they did it. Inspector found cat skins the the trash cans. People in town started chasing mice!

I have to give props to the weatherman this time. They nailed it! We got somewhere between 6" and 18" just like they predicted. Remarkable. 

19 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

I have to give props to the weatherman this time. They nailed it! We got somewhere between 6" and 18" just like they predicted. Remarkable. 

Good for him, he should get a raise.

Check this video I first saw on news. It's one of the great time lapse of snow fall I've ever seen. Living up north I remember a couple of snow years, one in which we had a measured 38" of light fluffy stuff over a day and a half when scattered flurries were predicted. This video shows some real snow Mike Chell would absolutely love to be in...NOT.

On 12/18/2020 at 5:35 PM, mikechell said:

I'm not seeing the picture.

It was unassembled snowmen for sale  ??? maybe I'm the only one that can see it? typical of me and computers