Fly Tying
flytire

Its coming....

On 12/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, Poopdeck said:

I have to give props to the weatherman this time. They nailed it! We got somewhere between 6" and 18" just like they predicted. Remarkable. 

"It will be cold on Christmas and might rain or snow except for where the sun is shining".  Around here our local news seem to only hire bikini models to guess what the weather will be.

3 hours ago, DFoster said:

Around here our local news seem to only hire bikini models to guess what the weather will be.

Funny isn't it? I actually was just saying to someone a few weeks ago, that it's odd how back when I was younger, most meteorologists were middle aged to older guys who probably had a passion for the natural weather and studied it all the time their whole lives. And now almost all the weather people on TV are 20-30 something females whom look like they could double as a model. Not taking anything away from their schooling because I have no idea what their background actually is. But it makes you wonder if they are actually educated in the field, or if they are just basically reading what is on the monitor in front of them while looking hot.

SD, they would have to have a degree in meteorology but very little practical experience. Bikini models. What station? Is it online? 🤔

Nothing but "talking heads" on the news these days.  It's okay to see a pretty face, but it doesn't make her anything more than a teleprompter reader, like all the rest of them.

I doubt they "need" a degree in meteorology.  They just had to pass an audition.

"The American Meteorology Society recommends that a meteorologist should have at least a B.S. degree in a subject that includes meteorology and geoscience courses. He must have an exceptional ability in math and physics. Ideally, this should be evident in the student at a high school level. Graduates with liberal arts as well as science degrees may become weathermen. Non-graduates may also do the job. The important factor is that they are very articulate." 

so a degree in women's studies is enough for a weathermen or weather forecaster if they can't find an articulate non grad. 

On 12/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, Poopdeck said:

"The American Meteorology Society recommends that a meteorologist should have at least a B.S. degree in a subject that includes meteorology and geoscience courses. He must have an exceptional ability in math and physics. Ideally, this should be evident in the student at a high school level. Graduates with liberal arts as well as science degrees may become weathermen. Non-graduates may also do the job. The important factor is that they are very articulate." 

so a degree in women's studies is enough for a weathermen or weather forecaster if they can't find an articulate non grad. 

And looks good in heels- 😆

On 12/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, Steeldrifter said:

Funny isn't it? I actually was just saying to someone a few weeks ago, that it's odd how back when I was younger, most meteorologists were middle aged to older guys who probably had a passion for the natural weather and studied it all the time their whole lives. And now almost all the weather people on TV are 20-30 something females whom look like they could double as a model. Not taking anything away from their schooling because I have no idea what their background actually is. But it makes you wonder if they are actually educated in the field, or if they are just basically reading what is on the monitor in front of them while looking hot.

Steve out here the Boston news rooms are comical.   Back when I used to watch the news our local "journalist" would run a story about the percentage of male business owners who don't respect female employees for their minds.   After giving one another and the camera a look of grave concern the anchors then cut to Ki Ki the weather girl who clip clops over in 9" heels, wearing the shortest skirt she can get away with.   Hmmm...