Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
woollywilma

whatup?

Hey guys. I only discoverred this site about a month ago or so when I saw folks mention it on the river smallies site. Although now I do more spin fishing for bass, I used to be a fly-fish only guy. I got hooked on fly-fishing while I was at college in Colorado. Cheeseman Canyon rules! I stayed in CO after graduation and lived in Durango with some buddies where I fished the Animas, San Juan, Dolores, and Piedra rivers. Work brough me back east where I started enjoying the brookie streams outside Charlottesville, VA. Now, I'm in MD where I fish for smallies on the Potomac, and I go for trout on the Gunpowder, Big Hunting, Patuxent, Morgan Run, and Patapsco.

I love tying flies and hair jigs. I'm always experimenting with materials and styles. I guess I'm more of a practical, suggestive fly guy. But, I tie some realistic stones, hellgramites, damsels, and others.

Great site.

- Adam

Welcome aboard,

You'll find lot's of different folks who have varieing degrees of expertise here, and we all share it. Look forward to your inputs. Have fun and jump right in.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

Welcome woolly its a great site and has a wide range of tyers on it i'm sure you'll find some new patterens that will fit your style of fishing and will hopefully share with us some of your patterens.

SD