Fly Tying
WWKimba

Beginner/Intermediate Tier - Fly Swap #4 - Dry Flies - Registration is CLOSED

This is the fourth of a series of swaps I am offering for the fishing "off season".  It will be open for a minimum of 6 tiers and a maximum of two 10 tier tiers.  This is the fourth of the series - DRY FLIES.  As far as this swap is concerned a dry fly is one that sits on the waters film and represents emerging and adult insects.

All participants will receive a fly tying gift for participating.

Sign-up will end on January 16th.  All flies must be received by February 28, 2021.  DO NOT forget your toe tags!

If this is your first swap read the articles at the top of this forum section.  Any questions please feel free to PM me by clicking on my WWKimba name on this swap and you will be connected to write/send me a PM (private message).  Most important - HAVE FUN!

This - as all swaps in this series - is open to any tyer that is a new/novice or intermediate fly tyer and is designed to help the tyer gain in their knowledge to help them in their fly tying future.

1 - Chris_in_Louisiana - Trico Spinner - received

2 - niveker - The Usual - received

3 - dogfacedoc - Crackleback - received

4 - haziz - Wingless Adams - received

5 - gpnfishWW - Elk Hair Caddis - received

6 - John1986 - received

7 - stabgnid - received

8 - jvmills - Elk Hair Caddis received

9 -  noseypillow - Klinkhammer - received

10 - Swmalone - PT X Caddis - received

The next swap in this series is going to be the FINAL in this series - TERRESTRIAL FLY patterns, keep an eye out!  NOTE: You do NOT have to be part of this swap to join the upcoming swap in this series.  Sign-up for this swap will be listed in the near future THIS SERIES IS SCHEDULED TO WRAP UP BY MARCH 31, 2021 - just in time for the opening of the 2021 fishing season!  Congratulations and a very big THANK YOU to all who have participated to this point.  I hope I've hosted a good swap for all and that each has gotten some additional knowledge to help you in your future as a fly tier!

My Genessee Jewels are done for the wet flies swap, just too lazy to get them into the PO, so sign me up for this one.  I just got a pair of yellow and a pair of tan snowshoe hare's feet that I haven't been able to play with yet, so  I'll be doing the Usual.  

Count me in probably for a wingless Adams variant. I am however a little dismayed that you have not received the nymph submission yet. Serves me right for procrastinating.

Got your PM and you are in my friend!

Kim

1 hour ago, noseypillow said:

Count me in. I'm thinking klinkhamers.

I decided I’m going to tie up some pheasant tail X-caddis flies. If you end up on the Logan River in Utah I know they work well there.