Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Tiss the season

Tis the season. Post up some pics of your lights/Christmas decorations on your house if you feel like it.

Gc3CnIn.jpg

Z5G2dx6.jpg

gADCx0g.jpg

And the boys all dressed up in Christmas decorating style...."Merica' ". Now hopefully for Christmas I get an “official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.”

L3IGmRc.jpg

@Steeldrifter

My wife and I keep it simple-  candles in the windows which is a tradition here in New England.  I'm not sure if that's the case in other parts of the country?  Our daughters are grown so these days we buy a small table top tree.

951069737_IMG_7499(2).thumb.JPG.ace1ea84ce8927aeca858510b5e6557a.JPGTree.jpg.ef28ef5438aa0da9b21837556b231eb1.jpg

40 minutes ago, DFoster said:

candles in the windows which is a tradition here in New England.  I'm not sure if that's the case in other parts of the country?

You use to see a lot more houses with candles in the windows around here, but oddly over the past 120 yrs it seems like you don't see as many as you use too. No idea why that is.

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

You use to see a lot more houses with candles in the windows around here, but oddly over the past 120 yrs it seems like you don't see as many as you use too. No idea why that is.

I hope your talking about electric candles- if you mean actual candles that would explain it! LOL

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Just noticed my typo...120yrs lol...supposed to be 20 yrs.

I was going to say 120 years ago people actually lit real candles on the real Christmas trees which explains why a lot of those houses are no longer with us.  I burn our tree every year on New Years and no matter how much you water it -poof!

I just go with 6 spot lights and a rope to add a little extra light at the door. When my children moved on in life so did my decorating. I threw out every decoration for every holiday. The wife did the same in side. The only thing inside is the tree and four stockings. Life is so much easier without kids underfoot. 

house2.jpg

16 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

I just go with 6 spot lights and a rope to add a little extra light at the door. When my children moved on in life so did my decorating. I threw out every decoration for every holiday. The wife did the same in side. The only thing inside is the tree and four stockings. Life is so much easier without kids underfoot. 

house2.jpg

I like it sir- it’s simple and Tasteful. 
There was a time when I would have to move the piano every year to make room for the 12’ tree our daughters insisted on.  Then break out the ladders to hang lights.  Now our girls have kids of their own and and we listen to them tell us how busy life is. They spent their entire weekend decorating.  I love our table top tree- LOL! 473FD11E-0B0E-411E-9648-45642B4EFB8F.thumb.jpeg.c0cdbb4c0dc8e730aea2c34af5c33df8.jpeg

When I got older, our tree was a tiny artificial tree on a music box. It died and was tossed. Now my wife insists on a tree. Got one on sale at Lowe's last year that has a light show and plays Christmas music. She tortures me with the music for a few seconds.