Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
elihusmails

Hello from Central NY

Born in bred outside of Utica.  Most of my fishing is in the southern half of the Adirondacks.  I've fished for most of my life (49 years of it) and picked up fly fishing 2 summers ago after taking a guide trip on the Ausable River.  We're RV'ers in the summer, so there's no telling where we'll end up, but you can be sure that I'll be fishing nearby.  Glad I found this site, its been valuable in helping me get going with tying flies.  I'm interested in tying any fly that will catch me fish - trout, bass, panfish, pike, walleye.

I'm always up for a get-together with fellow fly fishermen/women to learn both fishing and tying.  Seems like a few people from my general area are on this forum.  Maybe a meetup someday

A fellow CNYer here!  Born and bred in Cortland and have lived in Camillus (a stone's throw from the Great New York State Fairgrounds).

Welcome to the site!

Kim

Welcome to the site.  Born and learned to fish in New York.  Fished the Adirondacks (Indian Lake,) as a kid in the early 50s.  Now I fish rivers in Idaho, in summer, and Florida most of the year.  

Welcome. Lived in Queens from '62-65. Years later, I joined Trout Unlimited and discovered we were two hours from some of the best trout fishing in the NE.

Welcome, this is a great group of people on this forum. I I’m from Oswego area, we have great fishing in this state and horrible winters but they do allow us time to fill our boxes back up in between snow blowing lol.