Fly Tying
FrequentTyer

Re-Introduction

Hello all,

It has been a while, but I was fairly active on this form about 6 years ago.  Cancer took me out of the game for a while, but I beat it and I am finally able to  spend some time at the vise again.  Just a quick PSA (and I don't  want to dwell on it, but I feel obliged to say this) men get breast cancer, it's not fun, learn to check yourself as it might save your life.

So since most of you will not remember me, my name is Mike, I have been tying since the early 90s and my favorite flies to tie are classic pattern  Catskill drys.  But I also do some warm water fishing when the trout are not cooperating and tie quite a few flies for bluegill.  I'm sorry to see that the old pattern database seems to have disappeared , but I was able to find a picture of one of my bluegill inventions from the old days, the Woven Bluegill Spider, and I'll add in a picture from my  latest efforts  to re-master the Troth elk hair caddis in size 20, a great fly for PA trout, but challenging in terms of proportions.

I have started a YouTube channel.  I do a fair amount of video work for some other hobbies and thought it might be fun to try my hand at fly tying videos.  I don't know if we are allowed to post links here, so I'll just say that you can look me up as FrequentTyer on YouTube.  Not much there yet, but I'll probably be adding a few videos each month.

Thanks for reading, and if by chance you remember me please take a minute to say hello.  My memory is a bit foggy, so I might not recognize you otherwise 😉

WovenBluegillSpider.thumb.JPG.d30f2f6518e974728eb4d41be672966b.JPG

194833661_20EHK.thumb.JPG.f5a4396659143ff0c60b061c5b93d32f.JPG

Welcome back.  I am new so our paths probably haven’t crossed, happy that they are now.  Glad you kicked the C’s backside!

Welcome back and glad to here you are doing well.  I, too, was knocked down for several years - mine was kidney failure.  Got a transplant ~5 years ago and am doing fine - pat and thank the gift every morning for doing it's job so well!

I have been on this site for ~10 months now.  I came over from FAOL (Fly Anglers On-Line - it was a great active site in it's day and it is still a great reference site - including a section on "Just Old Flies" and "Fly of the Week" sections).  I was very active in the day on swaps - both participating as well as hosting and contributed a couple SMALL, SIMPLE articles to them - it was a stretch for me but they posted them anyway, I attribute it to a slow day!  I use the same handle so maybe we crossed paths there, if not, I still look forward to seeing your contributions to this site.

Kim

Welcome back.  I've been on this site for a long time.  Like you I was AWOL for a couple of years. I'm sure at some point we've crossed paths on the board